News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is Ebay an auction site anymore?

Started by ws23rt, September 09, 2015, 08:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

I've been an ebay member for many years but seldom have sold stuff.

So now I'm selling a motorcycle and first am looking at what is listed to get a feel for what I have for sale.  I see few if any auctions that have no reserve pricing.---Is that the way sellers use ebay now??  Is it now just a show room of stuff for sale??----Buy it now or reserve not met seems to be the norm. :slap:---How is that working out for everyone involved?---

I always liked the no reserve auctions. The fun of knowing what one has for sale will be sold is high on the list of good stuff selling that way.

If someone gets a great deal from my auction would they just relist it with a reserve and hope for what the rest of the bulk of the sellers on ebay are looking for?

A thought I just had is that their may be a filter to lead buyers to no reserve auctions if their are enough to justify it?   :scratchchin:

John_Kunkel

I won't buy anything there unless it's BIN but everything I sell there goes up for auction only. I won't be a victim of "auction fever" when buying but I want to take advantage of it when selling.  ::)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Silver R/T

There's also "make best offer" option and I've never had seller give me better than $1-$2 off of $50 item.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722