News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

long tail shaft too short

Started by bgdodg, August 28, 2012, 12:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgdodg

I got a motor and trans out of a motor home. Trying too put in short wheel base pickup with rock crushed transfer case need a short tail shaft this trans has a long one any ideas where to find one

elacruze

Divorced transfer case, or you need the short output to mount the case directly?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bgdodg

Thats why I want the short tail shaft. The transfer case is a rock crusher so need room for small driveline

elacruze

Might be less work to move the T-case back a few inches and adjust the shifter accordingly?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Chryco Psycho

the trans will have to be completely disassembled to install a short tailshaft . I would try 4X4 wreckers for the shaft & housing you need

bgdodg

I heand that cars had short shafts in them is this true might find one of those or find someone that will trade. This whole thing is a fabrication project, putting in a short wheel base Ford pickup.