News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

electrical

Started by money pit, August 26, 2012, 11:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

money pit

the problem is the wires that go to the amp gauge are getting hot even connected together i have a power master alt, could this be the problem, its putting out 14.5 at idle, the car runs great, just dont want a fire. i swapped out alt, no change, ths must have been like this for a long time because the tape on the harness is like goo and falling off if anyone can help i can talk faster than type 248-854-7419 thanks scott

W4ATL

If they are hot to the touch that it too hot. :mad:  Not sure if it is just the wire you are checking or the bulkhead connector. That connector is a source of annoyance. You can run a bypass around that connector to the ammeter or you can just bypass that bulkhead directly and hook the alternator to the battery with a fusible link. If you do the direct connect your ammeter will not work anymore so you might want to do the bulkhead bypass.

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml

On my Charger I did the ammeter to battery hookup and installed a voltmeter in place of the ammeter when the cluster was at Redline getting refurbished. On my Road Runner I plan on bypassing the bulkhead connector so I can still have the ammeter but I haven't done it yet.

Chryco Psycho

I agree , the alt may be putting out more amps due to added accessories so run a 10 ga wire bypass from the alt to the start relay Bat terminal