News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I remove the the paint from a 71 3rd gen super bee hood insert?

Started by 74seforme, September 30, 2012, 06:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74seforme

I bought a 71 super bee hood for my charger,it is painted white and i want to strip off the paint fix a missing stud,and repaint it black. im all mixed up on the process.Easy off oven cleaner?simple green?iso alchol?goo gone? ect. Since its a hard to find part I dont want to wreck it!all input is welcome! If anyone knows of a 71 R/t hood louver insert for sale or trade let me know

JB400

Watched it on Musclecar on Powerblock.  They used brake fluid on a cowl piece on a fox body Mustang.  Might try it first on a similar   aka cheaper, more plentiful piece.  I personally have not tried it.

Indygenerallee

Have it Soda blasted, That piece is pretty porous in parts and if you use a chemical you can have adhesion and bleed through later on, With the soda blasting you won't have to worry about any scratches from sanding and it will come clean very nicely!!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.