News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my poor jeep...wife decided to flip it....what a bad couple of weeks!!!!

Started by mpdlawdog, July 27, 2012, 06:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpdlawdog

It all stared when a 77 year old gentleman decided to back into my cruiser......and then drove off with me sitting in it....I caught up to him after a short pursuit....he said he did not see any damage so he left...really!  Its just behind the front tire....looks alot worse in person

then my daughter had surgery (just tubes and tonsils)....a long week of no sleep and alot of screaming/crying..shes ok now though....

then my partner decided to get hurt and I thought I had to put him down.....
hes back to work...what a miracle.....sorry I just realised the links dont have the whole story...if anyone is interested I can post it.....

http://www.marysvillejt.com/web//index.php?sid=50&id=15570

http://www.marysvillejt.com/web//index.php?sid=50&id=15670

ohhh yea and then my wife decided to flip my jeep on the straightest road in union county :drive:......she was very lucky...had her seat belt on....the jeep just got listed as a total loss :rotz:........the insurance adjuster said to me....well at least she wasnt hurt....you can replace the jeep, not her....my response....ummm yes I can with a newer model with less miles....he laughed....she didnt
the jeep did its job I guess.....it moved the rear axel over 4 inches....I just put a new water pump and radiator in it also :flame:
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

mpdlawdog

Khan is enjoying rehab now.....but back to work...hes a tough sob

Sorry to hear about the Jeep but glad to hear everyone is ok.

Did you give the old guy a ticket ?

mpdlawdog

thx....no I didnt....he was visiting his wife in hospice....had other things on his mind im sure.....couldnt do that to someone

Hopefully everything is behind you now and things are on the up and up.

Do you know why the Jeep flipped?

oldcarnut

Quote from: mpdlawdog on July 27, 2012, 07:29:11 AM
thx....no I didnt....he was visiting his wife in hospice....had other things on his mind im sure.....couldnt do that to someone
Hit and run a police cruiser with the officer sitting in it and then not getting out to check on it or officer would take some nerve.  But, not taking it out on the driver after having had to chased him down would take a lot more control so I give you a kudo for that.  When stuff like that happens around here someone ends up in the pokey with huge fines and thats after the officer takes you down, slaps you, and lets the dog get a bite in.  At least on that accident you weren't in your Charger when it happened.  Glad to hear the wife, daughter, and dog is ok.  Last week I had mine and the 2 grandkids (3 months and 1/1/2) stay over while their house floors were getting refinished and got a little short on sleep too.  I wish I could say that one day all the child pain crying would go away but eventually they'll bring you more  :lol: but so far the enjoyment far outweighs the tear spells.  Other than the axle,  the jeep looks more like sheet metal work in the pics.  If fixable maybe you can get back for cheep and repair enough to make it drivable.  

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

67_Dodge_Charger

Hey I would just adjust your headlights and you will be good to go.  :cheers: Sorry to hear about your partner hope his recovery goes well.  You had one heck of a week, hopefully that will be the end of it.  Glad your wife is not hurt, it could have been a lot worse. :angel:

twodko

Oh hell man! I am counting lucky stars for you. While I don't condone what the senior did, we have hospice in the house for my wife, excellent judgment and compassion. Good on ya. Wife, daughter and Khan all good to go...buy some lotto tickets.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

twodko

All youse guys/gals are the best.......don't care what Skip says. :lol:

Fred

Quote from: mpdlawdog on July 27, 2012, 06:51:00 AM
It all stared when a 77 year old gentleman decided to back into my cruiser......and then drove off with me sitting in it....I caught up to him after a short pursuit....he said he did not see any damage so he left...really!  Its just behind the front tire....looks alot worse in person

I think that's too funny. Old folks.............what can you say.

As for the rest of your woes, I'm glad to hear that (with the exception of the jeep) all has ended well.  :2thumbs:

p/s all the best twodko.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

'OP you're a trooper, both in and out of uniform.  Stay tough and strong and be an inspiration to everyone else around you...

bobs66440

Paul G

They say bad things come in three's. Although I count four. So you are ahead of the game. Great to hear that the things that matter, your family and your partner are well. Stay safe.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

bull

This is odd. Some people on this site think cops are always out to get you and kick you while you're down. How will they explain this?

mpdlawdog

Thx guys...I know there are people out there who are going through alot worse things......twodko my thoughts and prayers are with you....can't imagine what you are going through....things are getting better....khan is back to work....my daughter is back to her "normal difficult self" (takes after her mom)....my cruiser is getting fixed this week .....they totaled out the jeep Thursday....allstate did us right....the damage was 9000 to fix it....looked for a new jeep yesterday...going to go with a four door this time....expensive though...

I understand people get bad feeling for officers....people usually only see us under bad conditions (getting stopped...fighting with your girlfriend/wife/or both......)  I always treat people with respect...I'm no better than everyone else....the problem is that some officers think their badge is bigger than their manlyhood...that's not me....

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

twodko

Larger than life egos are found in every profession. Cops are people first and police officers second. If you break a law and get nailed for it, the one to be pissed at is yourself not the shield. For me it all comes down to courtesy and respect. You get what you give IMO.

What really fries my gizzard is the attitude of young adults these days. "You gotta give me respect!" No,  you have to earn my respect. EARN not demand or expect. IMO people like this are onn the road to a very hard unproductive life being someone's wife in the slammer. A hitch in the military, peace corps etc will readjust you most riki freakin' tik!

bill440rt

Glad to see everyone is OK.  :cheers:
You're a trooper! Literally!!!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bobs66440

Quote from: bull on July 28, 2012, 02:00:22 PM
This is odd. Some people on this site think cops are always out to get you and kick you while you're down. How will they explain this?
I think a lot of that is left over from bad memories. I always had cops hassling me back in the 70's with my really loud wreck of a '67 Chevelle with bald tires...go figure  :lol:

My dad was a hot rodder from the 50's and he told me horror stories of the cops stopping him all the time. They would open the hood and take the air cleaner off and throw it into the woods, among other things. They finally made peace and would have their club meetings in the police station. The club also had calling cards made up. To help relations, they would drive around and help stranded motorists (there were a lot of roadside break-downs back then) then give them the card that said "You have been helped by a member of the Scramblers Car Club..."

ACUDANUT

mpdlawdog

the jeep was a total loss....allstate took really good care of us...hard to believe that jeeps hold their value so well.....the rear end was moved over 4 inches and tore the sway bars out of the frame....we picked up a 4 door unlimited...has 70K but its like new...the guy was a doc and basically sold it to us 5K under book just to get rid of it so he could buy a new one...lucky us....we love it...its night and day from our 01....a bit underpowered for my taste but thats good for the wife.....

Khan is officially back to work......hard to believe

no the boss was not mad about my cruiser...they are tools that get banged up....its part of the job....and it wasnt my fault so its all good

thanks everybody

Did you figure out how the jeep rolled in the first place ? Congrats on the new jeep  :2thumbs:

skip68

I bet it takes awhile to remember where the power window buttons are in the new Jeep.    :yesnod:   
My brother has one and I looked around for a bit before my brother showed me.  Glad everything is going smooth. I bet your wife was pretty shaken up after that roll.   
P.S.  up the life insurance on her, you'll thank me later.     :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!