News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Documentation

Started by my73se400, June 17, 2012, 02:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73se400

I am looking for advice on where I can order up the original documentation for a 1973 Charger SE with 400 4 bbl carb,
car is going to be a total rebuild and I would like to find the original factory specs for the car. I have broken down the
vin and it seems to be numbers matching charger.

Does anyone know a website or who to contact to order it? Manual, spec sheet and possibly pics if they had done so.

Thanks

bonfire1009

I have a 1969 Charger and missing the fender tag.  If you have yours contact the Chrysler Museum, for a very small fee they can recreate your fender tag which will give all the specs.  Ask for the IBM card, it was the computer punch card that informed the plant what accessories and mechanics to put in it.
Unfortunately my year is "lost"  :'(
I cannot remember which website or if it was in the Haynes Manuel that also breaks down the carburetor specs.

Good luck! :cheers:

Ghoste

I think for the IBM cards you are out of luck for any year after 1967.  Have you tried searching the car for a broadcast sheet?

my73se400

IBM Cards? How would I search for a or get a broadcast sheet?

Ghoste

If you are lucky there is still one in the car.  First place to check would be tucked up in the springs under the back seat but it could also be taped to the back of the glovebox under the dash.  Sometimes they are under the carpet or behind the headliner but it may not be there at all.

bonfire1009

have your registered your charger yet?  http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/

You may get lucky and someone might have it, the build sheets were not considered valuable at the time of the build and so some were discarded in a different charger on the assembly line.  otherwise if you do a search other people of found theirs in their cars but it was not for theirs  -  too early for English.  Point being people are cool enough to broadcast that they have a build sheet that is not their own and broadcasts it, of course proof of ownership is required.  That is search in sites like this, and have your coffee mug full because there are alot of messages to shift through.

I am not 100% sure when they stopped using the IBM cards but when i asked the museum they said my year was lost but i know they would have a 73 information.  just requires patience for the correspondence.

if you are like me, my next step is to try to find someone whose serial # is very close to mine.  It wont be as accurate but some information is better than none.

If you do find find a sheet in the places previously described don't get too happy until you are sure it is yours. 

happy hunting

John_Kunkel

There is no factory documentation available for '68 and later, all the records are gone.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

68X426

Like John said, no records from 1968 forward.

For future reference: the Chrysler musuem has official records for 1930 to 1967. Contact info and form:

http://wpchryslermuseum.org/page.aspx?pid=400

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

Unless that 30 to 67 vehicle was sold in Canada, for whatever reason they didn't retain those records.