News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash Install and screws

Started by ODZKing, August 05, 2012, 10:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

71-74 B body ... specifically for 73 Charger but RR should be the same.
Can someone snap a pic of the screws that hold the dash to the cowl?  In particular the vents.  
Just need to see what the head looks like.  
I have a bag full of screws marked dash ... just have to figure out which ones go where.
Thanks   :popcrn:

AirborneSilva

I just ordered an interior screw kit from Dante's, if you don't get an answer prior I will snap a picture when they show up - I'm of course assuming they will be marked.

ODZKing

Well, we got the dash and instrument panel in today on the 73 with only a minimal amount pf struggling.  I guessed at the screws and found some that work and look right.  They are covered by the speaker panel so even though I think they are correct, if they are not no one will see them.
Pics are here as usual. http://www.retrorarities.com/Resto2/index.html ... Newest at top.
The car is scheduled for the paint booth first of next week.
What they DID get done is the rest of the body work, not much left and all the cutting around the doors, windows etc.  He also lined the trunk and inside after extensive cleaning with a product called "Chassis Saver" which he said is like POR15.  And surface rust what little there was will go away.
However I do have 2 requests.  Would someone mind taking a couple of dash screws out and taking a picture.  The 2 that hold the dash bezel in - One, on the side, and one of the upper ones. Not sure if I remember what they look like.
And (attached pic) is there some clip that holds the cable on to the heat/A-C control.  Not sure where that went.  What does it look like and I may need one.
Thank You in advance,
Bob

randy73

Quote from: ODZKing on August 05, 2012, 10:29:39 PM
71-74 B body ... specifically for 73 Charger but RR should be the same.
Can someone snap a pic of the screws that hold the dash to the cowl?  In particular the vents.  
Just need to see what the head looks like.  
I have a bag full of screws marked dash ... just have to figure out which ones go where.
Thanks   :popcrn:

Harbor Freight sells interior screw kits, was $7.99 and I got every screw that was missing or rusted.

ODZKing

Quote from: randy73 on August 08, 2012, 02:29:31 PM
Harbor Freight sells interior screw kits, was $7.99 and I got every screw that was missing or rusted.
Is this what you are refering to? http://www.harborfreight.com/96-piece-stainless-steel-screw-and-nut-set-67680.html
Do you have a link?