News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More info on this color?

Started by Charger_Croatia, February 06, 2006, 02:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Croatia

While waiting better weather (and warmer) I'm still thinking about color for my '73. Than I found this picture and I think it was one from old D-C.com

This car looks great to me and I need more info about this color. What code is it (if it is one of original codes)?
Anyone seen this car live? Does she looks great like on picture?

Sorry for these questions but I think I'm on the way to choose this color and I appreciate any help.

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

THE CHARGER PUNK

looks either like t5 or t7 bronze-MATT

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on February 06, 2006, 03:10:15 PM
looks either like t5 or t7 bronze-MATT

Another "dumb" question: which year?
I know it isn't 73 since I couldn't see it on paintchips for this year. I must admit that I'm not so familiar with all codes and years.

Matt, thanks anyway 

CB

correct me if I am wrong but that looks like a 70 color, Dark Burnt Orange Metallic      K5 code

wicked color!!

admin from the 70registry has this mega nice 70 Charger:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger_Croatia

Hey CB, thanks for photo. That car looks great  :drool5:

I'm closer to that color now.

THE CHARGER PUNK

that 1st car is a 73 and the colour on it is a 69 colour,that 70 is burnt orange and looks to be a little darker then the 1st car-MATT

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on February 06, 2006, 04:30:51 PM
that 1st car is a 73 and the colour on it is a 69 colour,that 70 is burnt orange and looks to be a little darker then the 1st car-MATT

I know that 1st car and color is not matched (by year). Old color on my car was "light gold Y3" and to be honest I don't like it (looks similar to those TAXI's in Germany). Since I shall change color and I found this picture of '73 Charger, that color is what I would like to have. But I need to find correct code.
Burnt orange looks great too.

Chris G.

Quote from: Charger_Croatia on February 06, 2006, 04:03:31 PM
Hey CB, thanks for photo. That car looks great  :drool5:

I'm closer to that color now.

Damn, who owns that smoking '70?  :P Don't be fooled by the color in the building. It's much different in the sun.

That '73 Charger looks like it might be that tangerine color Chrysler came out with a couple years ago. More pics of that car are needed though.

WM23N1

Kinda looks like sunset orange metallic. a gm color from '01 and '02
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

THE CHARGER PUNK

u know i think you might be right that does look like the sunset gm colour i just saw a pick-up outside with identical color and thot of this thread-MATT

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on February 06, 2006, 05:23:14 PM

Damn, who owns that smoking '70?  :P Don't be fooled by the color in the building. It's much different in the sun.

That '73 Charger looks like it might be that tangerine color Chrysler came out with a couple years ago. More pics of that car are needed though.

I was suggested from few people around here to choose some "cheerful" color. I'll check with Chrysler dealer about that tangerine color.
Unfortunately I don't have other picture of that 73, I saved this one from old site and I almost forgot about it few days ago.

BTW, I don't think I'll go with GM color; rather burnt orange (or any other code from Chrysler).

Charger_Croatia

I found this picture while searching around (it should be barracuda engine bay).
I don't know about year or code but it sure looks nice.

Lowprofile

Wow, thats a great color. Rare color. I've seen a 69 roadrunner that color, or something close to it.....very nice.   :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

89MOPAR

You should look into color code GK6  - autumn bronze metallic , it is a 73 color and very similar to what you posted.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: 89MOPAR on February 07, 2006, 09:29:30 AM
You should look into color code GK6  - autumn bronze metallic , it is a 73 color and very similar to what you posted.

Thanks for that.
It seems that color is darker on paintchip list so it is hard for me to tell.
That's the reason why I'm posting here, I know that some of you have seen similar color in live.

Nacho-RT74

buddy, that 73 is the Terry's one from Canada, greatwn73 as ID nickname here, and greatwhitenorth73 on the old board. I sent him a NOS rear valence with exhaust cutouts about two years ago. I have several pics he sent me by email about that same car.

PM him asking for color
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger_Croatia

Nacho-RT74

here another pic he sent me. I guess same day that the one you posted... the other one is with the rear valance I sent installed ( he got the valance after painted the car so he had to paint valance before intall )

I don't think he cares that I post this pics... well I hope so  :-\
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Nacho-RT74

color charts on 73:

Bright Red-FE5
Bright Blue Metallic-GB5
Super Blue-TB3
LIght Blue-HB1
Dark Green Metallic-JF8
Light Green Metallic-GF3
Pale Green-JF1
Top Banana (at extra cost)-FY1
Brone Metallic-GK6
Gold Metallic-JY6
Medium Tan Metallic-HT6
Light Gold-JY3
Parchment-HL4
Eggshell White-EW1
Dark Silver Metallic-JA5
Black-TX9

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 08, 2006, 03:12:54 PM
here another pic he sent me. I guess same day that the one you posted... the other one is with the rear valance I sent installed ( he got the valance after painted the car so he had to paint valance before intall )

I don't think he cares that I post this pics... well I hope so  :-\

I sent him PM, I hope that he will be fine with this.
I have color charts from few different sources but on most of them this "bronze" looks darker that in the first picture on top. For that reason I'm looking for opinion from guys who saw it actually.
Thanks for help.