News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Texas Toy Box - BEWARE!

Started by hollywood1336, July 04, 2012, 07:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood1336

Just wanted to mention again to anyone looking to buy a Mopar out there. Stay away from the Texas Toy Box guys. They will lie and cheat there way into your wallet and sell you a rolling piece of junk. I've heard several guys on this site say the same thing. I bought a 68 Charger from them and the car was completely misrepresented, the old man told me a little old lady owned it. I failed to do my research on these guys so I can only blame myself. If you are talking to them make sure you either go see the car or have a friend look for you. You overseas guys watch out, these guys are the devil. BEWARE!

twodko

Sage advice my LoneStar friend. Sorry for the crap happened to you. When calling about a classic car from one o' these joints tell them you are recording the call for your own protection, if they balk hang up the phone. Hard to lie about a recorded phone call if you have to get in their face. Just sayin'
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

And from what I've heard, they aren't too crazy ablout firsthand inspections.

myk

What's with the car you bought, 'OP?

elanmars

I remember it being for sale a while back, you still have that '68 Charger? What all did it/does it need?
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

hollywood1336

The basic car as a whole isn't that bad. It's the fact that when I asked Ray Wolff (co-owner) if it had any of the issues that it does actually have he said no. Drives perfect, absilutely no rust, one small dent in the passenger fender, original engine, little old lady owned it, garage kept etc.
I did have it up for sale but we have started to fix it now. It looks like someone did some sort of restoration on it long ago and then it fell into disrepair. There's rust on the rear fenders in front of the tires so those lower quarters will need replacing, one of the sills needs replacing. The front fenders and hood were from another car and had a lot of bondo on them. The minor dent in the front right fender is actually a crease in the sheetmetal under the hood that supports the fenders. The right side needs pulling forward and up, not by much but to get the fender to fit right it has to be done. The floors and trunk are in great condition but as I said they look to have been replaced some time ago. And if you drive the car and put your foot on the brakes it takes you all your time to keep the car straight. There's a lot of other minor things but those are the main points. I bought new AMD front fenders, hood and valance and a bunch of plastic for the interior. I saw a green 68 Charger at www.happycarz.com which is the direction I would like this Charger to go, Check it out, absolutely magnificent.

I have a question, this is a 318 XP VIN code car so we are going to resto mod instead of doing a clone. I was thinking of upgrading the front suspension and have been looking at Hotchkis and Alterktion. You guys have any experience with these or any sugestions for other complete front suspension kits. Would be much appreciated.

hollywood1336

Good advise about the recorded phone call. I actually have a lot of emails from Mr Wolff which states all he said about the car.

GordonGriggs

Last year when I was trying to find a 1969 doge charger I looked at their site. I noticed that most of the cars did not have a price on them. When a seller does not list the price then that tells me that I don't need to buy from them.

Back N Black

Did you inspect the car before you payed for it?  :shruggy:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Back N Black on July 06, 2012, 09:04:12 PM
Did you inspect the car before you payed for it?  :shruggy:

I agree not to be rude, but even if I brought cash in hand. I would still check under the car, around, peek, etc, at the car before I gave cash and took it away. Even if I felt it was a waste of my time flying out there after inspecting the car at least Im not out on the cash for the car.

People on this board have told me Im nuts for buying two cars unseen, but the kicker is I ask tons of questions and then I look at the vehicle up and down before my cash goes in their hand. If I dont like what I see I walk away........

528HemiZach

I agree with Hollywood.  I have a friend who purchased a car from them...they described it as having a "very straight body."  you could see the waves of bondo in this thing, horrible!
'69 Charger R/T,  528 Hemi,  4-speed,  4.10 Dana

http://www.houstonmopars.org

528HemiZach

I don't think my friend did a personal inspection on his car before he bought it.
'69 Charger R/T,  528 Hemi,  4-speed,  4.10 Dana

http://www.houstonmopars.org

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 07, 2012, 03:17:15 AM

People on this board have told me Im nuts for buying two cars unseen, but the kicker is I ask tons of questions and then I look at the vehicle up and down before my cash goes in their hand. If I dont like what I see I walk away........

But.......you didn't buy the cars unseen...

hollywood1336

The bottom line is it's my fault for not flying out there and looking at the car in person before I bought it. I must have talked to Ray Wolff 2 dozen times on the phone before I sent the money out there. The guy was very nice and answered all my questions, even if he was lying. I wished I would have known about the site before I bought it but It will never happen again though. As a warning to all others planning on purchasing a Mopar beware of these guys, especially you overseas guys who may not have the opportunity to be able to fly over to inspect the car. These guys will bend you over and give you one for the team then charge you for it. They don't subscribe to the Better Business Bureau because when you call the BBB they say they get all kinds of complaints about them.

AirborneSilva

Thanks for the heads-up Hollywood, I do know how you feel, I took it in the shorts from HLPAG on a 69 Charger  :flame: 

Good luck in your build and take lots of pics for us  :2thumbs: