News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

proform carb adjustment

Started by acharger68, July 07, 2012, 04:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acharger68

Hi Guys,
I need a little help. I bought a new 750 proform race carb. I got it all hooked up and had the wife mash the gas pedal before I get the gas flowing to check to see if all 4 barrels are opening up. Well, I figured this would happen. The secondaries are barely opening up. I`m sure its just an adjustment. But where? And what? What else should be adjusted when getting it running? Needless too say I`m not much for tuning carbs. Thanks in Advance. Dan
Mopar To Ya !! :drive:

c00nhunterjoe

Is it mechanical or vaccum secondaries?

Chryco Psycho

the cable housing where it is pinched in the throttle cable clamp is not far enough back , loosen the 7/16 nut & slide the cable back as far as it will go before it starts to pull the throttle plates open ,& tighten the nut down

acharger68

I got it fixed guys. It was the stupid kick down linkage stopping it from opening. Just had to adjust that ALOT! Now I`m battling fuel leaks going to the carb. Think I got them fixed. Find out in the morning if it leaks. I was trying to get it running and now I`m getting very weak to no spark. There is great spark at the coil. This issue has been on going now for about a month or so. Tha dizzy is a Mallory. Its only 5 or 6 years old. Never had any trouble with it before. Or maybe plug wires. Those are Taylor 8mm, also 5-6 yrs old. Usually when it does run it runs great and always starts. This issue costed some money. I thought I had resolved it when I bought a Street Fire ignition box and upgraded to electronic volt. reg. Had no probs after that til now. Seems like one thing after another. Any thoughts or advise would be great. Oh, the secondaries are mechanical. Should the float level br just under the sight glass? Cuz the level is in the middle of the glass right now. Sorry for the long story. Feel like I gotta "vent".

Chryco Psycho

Proform are set to the middle of the sight  :2thumbs:
Taylors are a cheap wire , could be a problem

acharger68

Well, I got it running. I tracked it down to my ignition switch. Replaced that and it fired right up.That carb. is set pretty well right out of the box. It stumbles from a start but other than that WOW. Big difference from vacuum sec. that never opened to mechanical sec. that really open when jumped on. NICE! Thanks for all the help.

mauve66

no videos of the street in front of hte house..................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

acharger68

Sorry no vids. at this time...

Chryco Psycho

Make sure there is no play in the accelerator pump arm .
Now you know why I use & recommend them !!

FLG

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 08, 2012, 11:41:59 PM
Make sure there is no play in the accelerator pump arm .
Now you know why I use & recommend them !!

Same here

Call Ron and get some Firecore wires and a Firecore coil and youll be set!