News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

starter wires

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, June 15, 2012, 10:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

the car mostly just clicks when you hit the key now. i jiggled the wires on the starter and it occasionally kicks over. the connections are tight. so i assume the wires are shot much like the wiring on the rest of the car was. is this something i gotta get from yearone or would a autoparts store have it?

resq302

Where are you shaking the wires?  Closer to the starter or closer to the relay?  Our challenger recently started having a hot start problem and my dad tracked it down to a loose nut that held the wire to solenoid on the starter.  I would start by changing out the relay which would be the cheapest thing!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Brightyellow69rtse

the relay is new. ill give everything a once over today to make sure nothing is lose.