News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did Blade drive a 68 Charger in the comic books too

Started by bull, May 31, 2012, 12:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'd never heard of Blade until the first movie and a few weeks ago I picked up Blade: Trinity for $2 at a video store that was closing because the Charger has a fair amount of screen time. Anyway, I got to wondering if he had that car in the comic books too, or was that just a movie thing? From what I understand the character was created in the early 70s so I guess it's possible. Any Blade comic geeks here that can answer this?

surmanajaja

the comic book blade was a completely different character, nothing about that comic is in any way resembled in the movies..except that he was black and chased vampires..so no, he did not drive a Dodge in the comics.

here you can see the original afro-blade:

http://dcwhocares.blogspot.com/2008/10/tomb-of-dracula-10-marvel-1972.html

I read the books when they were new...have collection of about 20,000 comic books but stopped collecting when I made 40...

Brass

I seem to remember reading an article about that.  The studio was asked to create a custom, one-off car for the movie but some creative director said no need - the Charger filled the bill all the way down the list.  So it was a casting decision for the film.