News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R/T Specialties

Started by macca3441, May 09, 2012, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macca3441

Last week I purchased some stuff online from R/T specialties, then shot Tom an email regarding this stuff.
I've since sent 3 emails, requesting shipping info, but he hasn't replied.
Can anyone shed any light on this? Is he away at the moment? Or, does he just not reply to emails?

Thanks,

Macca

ODZKing

Customer service is awful

Toms reputation isn't terribly good in my opinion. Some people havn't had any problems with him while many others have.

Do a search and you'll see others who have been in similar situations.

greasyspider

I had no problems at all.  Give him a buzz.  I had a credit after exchanging some stuff, and they sent the $ to me after a month or 2.  I had forgotten about it.  Doesn't get much more honest than that.
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

Hemidog

I've had zero problems with him throughout my dealings.

randy73

He is bad about shipping and returning emails. but he is honest. Told me he forgot to ship my parts and would get it out that day, which turned out to be the day after, but I was not in any hurry.

AirborneSilva

I sent him an e-mail asking about a part and never heard back from him  :shruggy:

CDN72SE

I read peoples different experiences so I thought I would give it a shot, ordered some small parts and recieved a thank you for your order email on April 4th. I wasn't sure how to proceed with payment so I sent an email then followed up with a few more, haven't heard a word so I'm not sure what to make of it.
1972 Charger SE

roadrunner440

ya ive had the same prob i ordered from them n got parts wrong and even took them 4 weeks to get parts out or to bill my credit card and parts were all wrong n took another 3 weeks to get the right stuff and he even shorted me there parts are awesome but cuswomer service sucks and good luck trying to get hold of tom it takes calling and calling to get  to catch him when hes there

BananaDan

I'm one of the ones that have never had a problem with Tom.  He isn't always there to answer the phone, but when he is my orders show up soon afterwards.  I think only once was an order sent inaccurately and he corrected it w/out any questions right away.  I have never e-mailed him, I always call him.  I've even given him challenges like I need a screw for this thing in that spot etc etc, but one size up from stock because my body shop drilled the hole bigger and he researched the correct bolt and found me one the next size up to fit the hole perfectly and looks VERY close to stock.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

ACUDANUT

If you google our forumn's here, you will see that he is not very liked

71ChallengeHer

I have never had a problem with Tom. I've always gotten my parts. And he has been very helpful, when I asked him questions. I did get a wrong part one time and he shipped the correct one out before he ever got the wrong one back. Plus the correct one cost more and he didn't charge me the difference.

macca3441

Even though I've received no correspondence from Tom after 3 emails, my bits turned up this afternoon.
All packaged well. Within two weeks of ordering them.
I'm very happy!

Thanks,

Macca

y3chargerrt

Tom sees to be a one man show and always busy.I have always received anything I have ordered from him. It is best to deal directly with him at carlisle if you can.

macca3441

Would love to see him in person at Carlisle, but that's a bit hard.......I'm in Australia!!
I shoulda been a bit clearer in my first post.
But, all's well, that ends well!!

Thanks,

Macca

AirborneSilva

Quote from: macca3441 on May 15, 2012, 12:05:50 AM
Would love to see him in person at Carlisle, but that's a bit hard.......I'm in Australia!!
I shoulda been a bit clearer in my first post.
But, all's well, that ends well!!

Thanks,

Macca

Yeah we all can't make it to Carlisle, Texas is a bit too far for me.  Maybe one of these days....

CDN72SE

Quote from: CDN72SE on May 10, 2012, 03:59:51 PM
I read peoples different experiences so I thought I would give it a shot, ordered some small parts and recieved a thank you for your order email on April 4th. I wasn't sure how to proceed with payment so I sent an email then followed up with a few more, haven't heard a word so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Well I sent off a PayPal payment and within 10 days I received the parts.  :2thumbs: Now I know to just use PayPal when I get an invoice.
1972 Charger SE