News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine Installation Made Easy

Started by Rolling_Thunder, June 14, 2012, 09:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

From back in the shop days...        Thought you guys would like it.

These were 345/50/15 tires tucked up nice and clean with new frame rails, mini tub, and leaf springs.

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Fred

That's exactly how I installed my hemi.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

FLG

Chatt69chgr

I see a block of wood under the transmission pan.  What supports the engine/k-frame?  I can't tell in the picture. 

defiance

Did it both ways over the course of a few months - first time I didn't have a lift yet and went in from the top.  Later decided to add in an alterktion and decided to change something on the engine, redid it, and had my maxjax lift by then. 

SOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier. 

One gotcha I've never seen mentioned - if you use valve cover bolts that stick up (like the ones you get from auto zone or whatever), watch out for them interacting with the brake booster.  One of mine got caught behind it... Ended up just bending the cheap bolt, but could've damaged the head or the brake booster.

Anyway, I honestly probably spent around 6 hours with two people trying to get the engine/tranny in from up top.  Coming in from the bottom I did it by myself in 2.  Obviously that doesn't include time spent making connections, bolting things down, etc.etc. but gotta do that the same either way.  Well, I suppose to be fair you spend another 30 minutes to an hour connecting brakes, steering column, and a-arms...  But that's all bolt-up stuff you don't have to fight with, where wedging the engine from the top is the kind of cuss-hammer-kick-push-twist-cussmore adventure nobody enjoys and always gives scuffs and bangs in your nice pretty engine bay...

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN