News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

are 1970 plymouth wheel stud threads same as 1969 Lincoln Mark IV?

Started by GOTWING, May 23, 2012, 01:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOTWING

I know that mopar and ford wheels will interchange with each other, does anyone know for sure if they can share the same lugnuts? :shruggy: example i wanted to try putting my chrome torque thrust wheels from my Superbird on my fathers black 69 Lincoln Mark IV. :D

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

GOTWING

so the same chrome lug nuts should thread onto the lincolns stud, i will have to try it this weekend.

Tilar

Doesn't the Superbird have 7/16 studs? I think that Mark IV is a 1/2 inch stud. They might have the same pattern but I think the stud size is bigger on the Lincoln.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

GOTWING

cool, i will check into it soon, i may have to order lug nuts from mr. lug nut to make them work.

gtx6970

Thread pitch is the same 1/2" x 20

BUT, Fords use a 13/16" hex where Mopars use a 3/4" hex size

the pilot hole in the center is slightly smaller on a ford wheel apposed to Mopar