News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some guys really do have all the luck

Started by jaak, May 19, 2012, 10:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Who cares.  I still can't get past the fact that you restored your own '69 and it's goddamn beautiful...

hatersaurusrex

I care.  Belvedere and Charger be damned, he got a Hemi that obviously runs for under a grand.

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Wheels of Terror

It seems like a joke! Lol What a steal! Every Mopower head should be so lucky!  Jaak, yes your Charger is absolutely goregous!! My favorite color combo too.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

TheGhost

Dont see any pictures of the hemi car.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Tilar

That Charger looks like one I went to look at in Newark a year or so ago. Nobody was home.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mauve66

still no pics of the belvidere hemi thingy
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ACUDANUT

jaak

Quote from: mauve66 on May 20, 2012, 02:54:36 PM

True that, but even if he doesn't get the Hemi-Belvedere, 250 bucks for a '71 SuperBee project with trailer included is unreal. I have always wanted a '71 Bee! A couple years back I could have bought a solid 71 Bee Roller, almost zero rust. had all sheet metal bolted to it but no engine/trans, glass, and most interior was gone. It was also a factory Curious Yellow car. Could have bought it for $2500, and I thought that was a good deal. If I still had that old 72 I used to have I probably would have bought it and used my 72 for parts.

Jason

nvrbdn

how crazy and cool at the same time.wish he had the pic's up.one lucky guy.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: jaak on May 20, 2012, 08:11:07 PM

True that, but even if he doesn't get the Hemi-Belvedere, 250 bucks for a '71 SuperBee project with trailer included is unreal. I have always wanted a '71 Bee! A couple years back I could have bought a solid 71 Bee Roller, almost zero rust. had all sheet metal bolted to it but no engine/trans, glass, and most interior was gone. It was also a factory Curious Yellow car. Could have bought it for $2500, and I thought that was a good deal. If I still had that old 72 I used to have I probably would have bought it and used my 72 for parts.

Jason

Not a bee, it's a '72 SE. Also, until this supposed hemi car shows up, I'll remain skeptical. I find the whole thing a little ridiculous.

jaak

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on May 20, 2012, 08:42:43 PM

Jason

Not a bee, it's a '72 SE. Also, until this supposed hemi car shows up, I'll remain skeptical. I find the whole thing a little ridiculous.

I was going by his original post stating it was a 71 Bee....just looked at the pics. I'm definately skeptical like you about the Hemi Belvedere.

Jason

nvrbdn

well, i guess if you would make up a story about the hemi, you could stretch the story about the 71 w/ trailer for 250.00. but  if that part is true its  a great deal.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Indygenerallee

I called BS on it over there on B bodies only, I have a hard time believing the brother with the 9 Chargers would not want the Hemi Belvidere to at least sell it to finish one of his "9" Chargers and another thing is when people say "Hemi thingy" to cliche as most everyone knows what a Hemi is I guarantee the old lady had heard her husband rambling about how much money he could sell it for!! If this was in 1975 I could believe it but if he does in fact buy a complete Hemi Belvedere for $450.00 the guy is lucky. I am betting the "Hemi-thingy" is a Poly 318!!  :smilielol: :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Drache

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 20, 2012, 09:15:36 PM
If this was in 1975 I could believe it but if he does in fact buy a complete Hemi Belvedere for $450.00 the guy is lucky.

There was a member of this forum given a Hemi Belvedere I for free if I remember correctly, minus the engine of course  :nana:

Granted I think this was awhile ago?  :shruggy:

The very car many many years later  :o

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bill440rt

Quote from: jaak on May 20, 2012, 08:49:42 PM
Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on May 20, 2012, 08:42:43 PM

Jason

I was going by his original post stating it was a 71 Bee....just looked at the pics. I'm definately skeptical like you about the Hemi Belvedere.

Jason

x3
While $250 for a '72 SE and a trailer might still be a smokin' deal, it's not the '71 Bee it was first thought to be. (Strange, he decoded the VIN??)
Until photos show up of this fairy tale HEMI, your guess is as good as mine.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

AirborneSilva

yeah I read that thread this morning, man what a stroke of luck he had!

ACUDANUT

I agree.  You cannot decode a 71 Bee by the VIN alone.  It also happens to be a 72. The guy buying this sounds retarded.  The Hemi car is yet to be seen.

Tilar

It's definitely a 72 SE. I've seen the car and left a note on it a few years ago before I bought my 73 Rallye. The guy left me a message on forbbodiesonly and said it is the same car I looked at. Apparently she sold the hemi belvedere before he could get back with the money but he is getting the 72.
Dave  

ACUDANUT

He lost the Hemi car because he could not come up with a losey 500 bucks or whatever ?

rt green

sounds like monica's sister."close, but no cigar"
Quote from: Tilar on May 20, 2012, 02:38:42 PM
That Charger looks like one I went to look at in Newark a year or so ago. Nobody was home.
third string oil changer

Tilar

I'm assuming she has kids that intervened with the low sale.

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 21, 2012, 05:57:52 PM
He lost the Hemi car because he could not come up with a losey 500 bucks or whatever ?

Definitely be a possibility. I ALWAYS have at least double that in my wallet. I'm not losing out on a cheap deal, and even if a grand+ isnt enough, I'm not far from someplace that I cant get the cash before someone changes their mind.
Dave  

nvrbdn

i definately would have flown to the bank for cash. if he really lost it for taking too long, that would be a killer. and i agree, the family probably got wind of it and shut it down. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House