News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1/4 Window J- Molding Install Help !!

Started by Mopar Crazy, May 20, 2012, 10:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

Putting my 68 back together. I need help and hopefully at pic or two how to re-attach the rear 1/4 window J molding to the body. The molding has 4 screw holes and the body has 7 slots on the inside of the window frame. Not sure if there should be clips that the molding screws into.

Any help would be appreciated...  :2thumbs:
Thanks Peter
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

bill440rt

The molding is attached with VERY deep J-clips. Most auto body clip suppliers will not have them, at least none that I've seen, so you may have to find used or salvage from a parts car. Or, you could always snake your hand in there & attach on the backside with a speed nut.
Some of the slots are for the clips for the molding (hold the molding up to it to match it up). The other slots are for the windowfelt.  :yesnod:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mopar Crazy

If someone has a pic of these J-Clips, that would be great. Maybe I can match them up...   

Thanks

Mopar Crazy

OK Disregard, found some used ones from a junk yard 68.

Thanks for the info.....