News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vfn power bulge hood.

Started by charger_cody, April 17, 2009, 02:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

Can I use my hinges and springs with the bolt on $400 hood?

And does anyone have any experience with vfn?

CODY

Charger74

Cody, you can use the hinges, however you will need to order special springs for it.  The stock springs are too strong and can cause the hood to break when closing it.  I believe VFN sells them on their site.

charger_cody

Ok i looked for the hinges and couldnt find them.

CODY

moparguy01

i beleive they have the springs but they dont list them on the site, talk to them on the phone and ask for them.

TruckDriver

I have heard of guys using garage door springs for fiberglass hoods. Or Year One sells the correct type springs for AAR Cuda's fiberglass hood.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Beer

The springs are not on the website ask fer em when you order the hood, they are pretty cheap cost wise.  I have a thread w/ pics of the uninstalled hood top/bottom and springs in the Body section of this board. My VFN hood should be fitted the end of next week.

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

charger_cody

Sorry for all the questions cause I'm new to this how do I get it fitted..

Beer

Quote from: charger_cody on April 17, 2009, 08:56:51 PM
Sorry for all the questions cause I'm new to this how do I get it fitted..

It looks like a pretty good piece, in theory bolt it on and go!

Watch for my coming threads, I should have more info from the body shop in about a week on how it went.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

flyinlow

VFN Springs

BPTRacing

I used the year one springs with my VFN hood - I am VERY happy with VFN. Have had 5 hoods and set of doors and a pro 1-piece front end from them over the years for my Cuda and chargers. Always got good service and nice parts.

VFN  - :2thumbs:
Glasstek -  :2thumbs:
Unlimited -   :rotz: :RantExplode:
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

charger_cody

What about this, I was talking to my father abouit the springs and an idea came to me. What about custom air shocks? Like a new generation?

Maybe?

Fill me in on this, like if you have ever done it.

Cody

73 charger

I've been looking for a bulge hood!  Where did you find one?

mike
1973 Dodge Charger, "Big Blue", Petty Blue (TB3), 408 Stroker, 460 TQ, RPM Air Gap Dual Plane Intake #7577, Edelbrock 750 cfm Performer Carb #1411, Holley Fuel pump (110 gph), Edelbrock #8877 water pump, MSD #8388 pro-billet RTR distrib, Comp Cam 233I/240E, lobe sep 110 deg, Hayes Heavy-Duty Flexplate, TCI Breakaway Torque Converter-stall 2200-2400, TCI 727-Street Fighter, DTS Stainless Steel balanced drive shaft tube with 7290 u-joint/yoke, DTS 3:54 Dana 60, Trak-Lok posi-unit, MT Drag Radials

Beer

Should have pics of mine bolted on tonite.  Body shop said they had to hog out 1/4" or so near the hinges.  Aside from that it bolted on. 

charger_cody

Quote from: Beer on April 21, 2009, 06:24:06 AM
Should have pics of mine bolted on tonite.  Body shop said they had to hog out 1/4" or so near the hinges.  Aside from that it bolted on. 
:2thumbs: :cheers:

my73charger

Beer

my73charger

I wonder if I will have enough clearance for my air cleaner.  I have a 440 with the Eddy RMP Performer and a 1" carb spacer.

moparguy01

if its exactly the same as the originals, you'll have tot take off the carb spacer or run a 1" drop air cleaner to fit.

AirborneSilva

I'm contemplating getting one of these soon, what would a ball park figure be for shipping to centraltexas area?