News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finding a 70 Charger hood.

Started by ACUDANUT, September 18, 2012, 03:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Old Moparz..."who bought the doors from the car for $7.35 & he wasn't interested"....You sold a pair of Charger doors for 7.35 ??

Ghoste

And why not 7.34, give the guy a bit of a deal you know?

cdr

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 19, 2012, 08:06:47 AM
Funny, I parted a '70 Charger in the early 80's & had trouble "giving" things away from it. I sold parts at the Mopars at Englishtown swap meet the first 4 or 5 years they had it, & the '70 stuff was the most difficult to sell. Everything went dirt cheap except the hood which didn't sell. It was absolutely mint with no dents, no dings & no rust, & I had ZERO interest in it for the $30 I was asking. I even tried to talk this guy into taking it for free who bought the doors from the car for $7.35 & he wasn't interested.  :lol:

I still have it & now glad that I couldn't sell it since it'll end up on my Daytona replica.
I like that term daytona REPLICA
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Old Moparz

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 19, 2012, 11:03:44 AM
Old Moparz..."who bought the doors from the car for $7.35 & he wasn't interested"....You sold a pair of Charger doors for 7.35 ??

This guy had looked at the doors a few times that weekend, but never haggled on the price, just looked. I had something like $35 written on the clean one & $10 on the dented one. I said to him to make an offer on them, but he never did. By the end of the day on Sunday, he was with a friend & pointing to the doors.

I said, "Come on, just make an offer, you know you want them."

He said, "I'm tapped out, I spent almost everything I had on other parts."

I looked at his friend & said, "Lend your buddy some cash so he can buy the doors."

His reply was, "I'm broke too, all I have is is $5 & some change."

I then asked the guy who wanted them, "How much you have left?"

He pulled out a single dollar & some change & his friend pulled out change so they could prove they were broke. I told them, "Add up what you have in your hands & I'll take it."

They laughed, then added up $7.35 between them. Then I laughed & said "SOLD!" & watched them hump two doors with hardware & glass across the acres of asphalt.   :lol:

Quote from: Ghoste on September 19, 2012, 11:09:32 AM
And why not 7.34, give the guy a bit of a deal you know?

Screw that, I want every last penny.  :smilielol:

Quote from: cdr on September 19, 2012, 11:12:03 AM

I like that term daytona REPLICA

Yeah, I never liked the tern "clone" used for a car, it should be reserved for sheep.  :lol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

JB400

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

charger_fan_4ever

I can't take credit on the hood work. Brothers own/operate a bodyshop goin on over 30 years, so it is a professional at work not me in my tool shop at night lol.

I made a post in the vendors section for guys in the northeast needed resto work.  :2thumbs:

JB400

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 19, 2012, 12:00:30 PM
I can't take credit on the hood work. Brothers own/operate a bodyshop goin on over 30 years, so it is a professional at work not me in my tool shop at night lol.

I made a post in the vendors section for guys in the northeast needed resto work.  :2thumbs:
Thanks for the honesty.  They do a good job.

Ghoste

The 7.35 story is a good one.  :lol:  I like the term replica too and it used to get used a lot before clone became popular.  It seems like now that clone has a negative connotation they want to use tribute but there are some who are going with replica again.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 19, 2012, 12:02:18 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 19, 2012, 12:00:30 PM

I made a post in the vendors section for guys in the northeast needed resto work.  :2thumbs:
Thanks for the honesty.  They do a good job.

Sandblasting, cutting,priming, sanding is what i stick too. I did make and weld in 1 patch on the torsionbar member just for giggles. :P

moparstuart

here is my hood i got for 100.00
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Awesome, it comes with fuzzy dice and a seat.

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on September 24, 2012, 06:22:51 AM
here is my hood i got for 100.00

If I found another '70 hood for only $100 I'd celebrate by putting a bucket seat next to it like Stuart did, then sit in it with a cold beer & relax.   :cheers:   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

6pkrtse

Wow, I have two of them. I guess I better hang on to them. Might be worth something someday. LOL. I am not in this hobby for the money. It is for the love of Mopars.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on September 24, 2012, 06:24:32 AM
Awesome, it comes with fuzzy dice and a seat.
the bucket is going in the 500 I have to go dig up the left bucket for it .  Then it will have seats .  NO carpet yet but i can sit in it then and go vroom vroom vroom and turn the steering wheel OH yeah with all bobs beer too   :nana:  and my fussy dice  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE