News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who rebuilds/recalibrates speedometers?

Started by jaak, May 17, 2012, 08:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

As the title says... and how much does it usually costs?

I refaced mine with a decal (looks great, but don't work)  the needle bounces around erratically and makes a loud clicking sound. Just to be sure, I installed a brand new speedo cable, still does the same thing.

Jason

macca3441

Hi Jason,

Just been down this route (finishing putting the panel back together in the morning).
Bought and fitted the decals, painted the faces and needles, and sent my gauges to an instrument technician for calibration.
Also gave him my tach to fit the electronic conversion, and I did the clock myself.
My speedo was out, so I gave him the true speed readings (from a GPS) and incorrect gauge readings, and re-calibrated it also!
I have a new bezel kit and new lense kit also!
Cant wait to see it assembled!

So, my answer to you is, an instrument technician should sort you out!!

Hope this helps,

Macca

ChargerST

What's the culprit in this case? a worn out speedometer head? I think you have to replace it then.

Dino

Mine simply stopped working after refacing it.  Odometer turns fine but the needle is not budging at all. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ChargerST

Quote from: Dino on May 18, 2012, 11:59:38 AM
Mine simply stopped working after refacing it.  Odometer turns fine but the needle is not budging at all. 

i have the opposite problem...