News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I just cant grasp that people would do things like this to their parents...

Started by Tilar, May 05, 2012, 08:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Wow, what a screwed up deal.  What an idiot.  I would bet he's looking at criminal charges on top of this.   What a fool.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Geez, how much money do you need to be happy?  As they say.................money brings out the worst in people.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

BIGBLCK11

I agree, very sad way to treat your parents.  Greed does bring out the worst in people.  Hopefully he gets some jail time, probably won't  see any, with all the overcrowding.

Mike DC

The article says the mother stood there at the store counter and was too nervous to sign the ticket and claim it.  She let her son sign the ticket with his name instead while she watched.  Even if she can prove that she purchased the ticket, I think he could make a good argument that she was basically gifting it to him at that moment.  

Not that it makes it morally right for him to deny her the money now.

Indygenerallee

Exactly as stripedelete said "She raised him" I grew up watching my father and mother care and show affection for their parents and was always told to "honor your father and mother" I would never imagine doing that to my parents! In the end all you really have is your family and I can't get over all these dumbass people molesting, beating or killing their children (or elderly parents) Just too much greed and no accountability and punishment that fits the crime, Crazy...  :shruggy:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

mauve66

i WAS going to share my winnings with my family here, but now i can see that you can't always trust family, they might go out and buy a brand X vehicle or something..................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Cooter

No matter, all who do this type sh*t WILL reap what they sew. Too late when the fires of hell are lickin' your ass to complain you were only doing what's "Best" for someone.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 05, 2012, 10:05:25 PM
Exactly as stripedelete said "She raised him" I grew up watching my father and mother care and show affection for their parents and was always told to "honor your father and mother" I would never imagine doing that to my parents! In the end all you really have is your family and I can't get over all these dumbass people molesting, beating or killing their children (or elderly parents) Just too much greed and no accountability and punishment that fits the crime, Crazy...  :shruggy:

:2thumbs:
Couldn't agree more.

404NOTFOUND

Who wins $32 million and buys a Ford Fusion? How about a Bugatti Veyron for a winter beater instead?
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Fred

Quote from: Cooter on May 06, 2012, 02:00:32 PM
No matter, all who do this type sh*t WILL reap what they sew.

Yes but they have a good life before then. They very rarely die young.

Mike DC

QuoteWho wins $32 million and buys a Ford Fusion? How about a Bugatti Veyron for a winter beater instead?

32 million.  

After taking an up-front cash payout, and then paying the taxes, you might have $10 mil left.

Buy yourself a nice life.  A nice house, vehicles, appliances.  

But $10 mil is not your new yearly income, it's a one-time thing.  So you also have to set aside enough to pay the yearly property taxes & upkeep on all that stuff for literally decades to come.

Buy another nice life or two for your parents, etc.    

Now you're down to, what, $5-8 mil left, at the most?  It's certainly nice and comfortable, but I wouldn't be wasting millions on wretched-excess buying.  

mauve66

how many muscle cars can i buy with 5 mil.......................................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Tilar

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 07, 2012, 05:57:35 AM
QuoteWho wins $32 million and buys a Ford Fusion? How about a Bugatti Veyron for a winter beater instead?

32 million.  

After taking an up-front cash payout, and then paying the taxes, you might have $10 mil left.

The 32 million was the payout. What would the taxes on 32 million be?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Dans 68

Quote from: Tilar on May 10, 2012, 10:48:30 AM

The 32 million was the payout. What would the taxes on 32 million be?

California exempts lottery winners from it's state tax, so only 35% goes to Uncle Sam (that comes to about 11 million in taxes, or 21 million you get to keep, for those of you in Rio Linda).   ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

skip68

Rio Linda.    :smilielol:   
There's a place I'd buy a house if I won the lottery. 
Nothing but the best for me.  ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Quote from: skip68 on May 10, 2012, 05:28:38 PM
Rio Linda.    :smilielol:   
There's a place I'd buy a house if I won the lottery. 
Nothing but the best for me.  ;)

Hey skip, with that attitude you won't have any money left in two years. Just getting there will set you back a huge bundle.  :nana: :nana:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

miller time

the dad need to cut a switch and whoop that boy till he coughs it all up, ill do it for them with written permission, your never too old for daddy to put a lickin on you, i just do see why she didnt have her husband sign it for her, i hope they win and make him pay it all back even after their dead pay it to a charity

71 b-body charger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 07, 2012, 05:57:35 AM

32 million.  

Buy yourself a nice life.  A nice house, vehicles, appliances.  

But $10 mil is not your new yearly income, it's a one-time thing.  So you also have to set aside enough to pay the yearly property taxes & upkeep on all that stuff for literally decades to come.

Buy another nice life or two for your parents, etc.    

Now you're down to, what, $5-8 mil left, at the most?  It's certainly nice and comfortable, but I wouldn't be wasting millions on wretched-excess buying.  

It was 51 mil to start with after the cash option they got 32.2 mil
1972 Charger SE