News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roller lifters

Started by Highbanked Hauler, April 25, 2012, 03:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Can they be used with a flat tappet cam and are they worth the expense ? This 440 has 1.6 roller rockers with adjustable push rods and Hydraulic lifters.  Just wondering.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Chryco Psycho

No you cannot use a roller lifter on a Flat tappet cam , first the cam is too soft & second the lobe is tapered so the lifter only touches one side of the lobe when the valve is closed to rotate the lifter .

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 29, 2012, 09:48:44 AM
No you cannot use a roller lifter on a Flat tappet cam , first the cam is too soft & second the lobe is tapered so the lifter only touches one side of the lobe when the valve is closed to rotate the lifter .

Wish I could find the Ad again as I thought it said they were to replace hydraulic lifters.  Thanks.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

oldkimmer

..............was it an add for retro fit roller lifters............there are hydraulic roller lifters, they need to be used with a hyd roller cam.............kim.........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: oldkimmer on May 03, 2012, 09:08:42 PM
..............was it an add for retro fit roller lifters............there are hydraulic roller lifters, they need to be used with a hyd roller cam.............kim.........

You very well could be right and I read it wrong, wouldn't be the first time. :image_294343:
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser