News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1 of 1 72 Road Runner V-Code car... in a "barn"

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, April 22, 2012, 11:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

charger Downunder

Was'nt someone on the site after one of these cars
[/quote]

tan top

Quote from: charger Downunder on April 23, 2012, 02:34:34 AM
Was'nt someone on the site after one of these cars

:yesnod: i remember a guy putting a wanted ad here i think too

Quote from: Devil on April 22, 2012, 11:05:03 PM
Thought you guys might like a tale about a rare B-body in a "barn"

http://www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com/2012/04/myth-and-legend-1972-440-6-plymouth.html

Ryan

Thanks  for sharing Ryan !! awesome stuff :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

GOTWING

a friend of our family says he bought brand new a orange 72 charger rallye with a factory ramcharger air grabber hood, i told him that option was no longer avail in 72, he swears it had it and would have no reason to make it up. Not a 440+6 car but still a story about a car that had a option that was not avail. :shruggy:

69 OUR/TEA

I saw that thread on Moparts about him asking value as he might have been selling,I was one of the ones that was saying to keep it,sell his 70 superbird as there are many more of those to be had ,but not a 72 V code b-body,ntm,air grabber ,sunroof.While I really don't care for any of these old Mopars with sunroofs,would love to have that car.As we all know rare does not always command high dollars,but for me it would'nt be about the monetary value of this car,but to own it and know how rare it is, you won't be seeing another one at a show, magazine,etc.
As it is I have a 72 RR GTX,N96,full #'s,needing resto,and was toying with getting rid of it a few months ago,but the more I thought it out,I can forsee myself regretting it so out of sight out of mind it went.
I've found a great majority of Mopar fans either love or hate that 71,72 RR body style,and at first I did'nt care for them,but,start going to Carlisle and staring at them,I geuss you can say they really grew on me.

1969chargerrtse

Amazing and sad that no one ever knows what happens to the original engines of these cars?  You'd think the info would pass from owner to owner?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Indygenerallee

If I were him I would focus my attention on that car and not the drag car!! (Im not to fond of the Moulon Rouge on his sons GTX "tribute" car)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

GOTWING

I like the 71's better then the 72's . I do not care for the 72's grill / tailights, 71's strobe stripe design looks better. But in the case of this 72, yeah it would be really cool to own it and restore it 100% correct. I would rather look at it at a show then a hemi cuda. i had a 71 R.R. and loved it, i wish i could track it down, I owned it from 85-91, 383, gold leaf paint,air grabber,hood pins,black strobe,1/2 black vinyl top,bumper stripes,brown / tan 2 tone interior,bench,column auto,magnums. The sick thing is i paid $300 for it and drove it home! how times have changed. the car was last tagged in 1977, however it had 92,000 miles on it when i got it. They drove the hell out of it i guess, orig. paint nice car.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RallyeMike

Quotea friend of our family says he bought brand new a orange 72 charger rallye with a factory ramcharger air grabber hood, i told him that option was no longer avail in 72, he swears it had it and would have no reason to make it up. Not a 440+6 car but still a story about a car that had a option that was not avail. 

The air grabber was still avalable in 72 on the RR and Charger. Gone for both in 73.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

GOTWING

I guess i based my info on my original dealer brochures i have collected up in the 80's  :shruggy:

Budnicks

Great story thanks for sharing it, it's always cool to here about the what if & the 1 offs out there...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TheAutoArchaeologist

Glad you all enjoyed it.  It should be coming out in Mopar Collectors Guide here soon and the car will be at the MCACN Show.  Best car show in the country!

www.mcacn.com

Ryan

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 23, 2012, 09:00:23 AM
Amazing and sad that no one ever knows what happens to the original engines of these cars?  You'd think the info would pass from owner to owner?

Yeah, but you know as well as I do that back then when a motor was bad you replaced it with something else & either traded the busted up one as a core or put it outside after a couple years of getting in the way in the garage.  Or you finally cave in to the neighborhood kid who wants the motor for his project.

My 1st Mopar needed a motor, this was back in '86.  My Dad hooked me up with a New Yorker cause it had a 440.  My Dad figured I'd give him the motor out of my R/T for a demolition derby car he had that needed a motor.  No big deal back then.

Old Moparz

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 24, 2012, 01:57:05 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 23, 2012, 09:00:23 AM
Amazing and sad that no one ever knows what happens to the original engines of these cars?  You'd think the info would pass from owner to owner?

Yeah, but you know as well as I do that back then when a motor was bad you replaced it with something else & either traded the busted up one as a core or put it outside after a couple years of getting in the way in the garage.  Or you finally cave in to the neighborhood kid who wants the motor for his project.

My 1st Mopar needed a motor, this was back in '86.  My Dad hooked me up with a New Yorker cause it had a 440.  My Dad figured I'd give him the motor out of my R/T for a demolition derby car he had that needed a motor.  No big deal back then.

That's the way I remember it, people just didn't worry about the originality since these cars were just beat on to have fun with. I had a 1970 GTX that one of the previous owners grenaded the original engine on. The replacement 440 in it was also destroyed & still in it when I got it. I opened the timing chain cover & saw the double roller was broken & laying on the bottom with one of the bearings that had teeth marks in it from the timing chain gear. My plan was to swipe the 383 out of my Charger that was rotted & drop it into the GTX, but I damaged the 383 beating on the Charger.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TheAutoArchaeologist

nascarxx29

Was the car ever in North East PA  .There was a V code 72 Charger or Runner rumor guy wouldnt sell
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

TheAutoArchaeologist

I believe this might be that car.  But that guy sold it about 15 years ago to the new owner.

Ryan