News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash Hardware

Started by ODZKing, March 24, 2012, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

I need a small favor ... Could someone with a 71-74 kindly take one of the screws that hold the dash speaker grille portion and post a pic please.  I have them some where but I obviously forgot to writ on the baggie.  So if I know what they look like that would help.   :popcrn:
I am refering to the 3 screws that are closest to the dashpad.  Not the ones that hold the vents and closest to the window.
Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.    :2thumbs:

ODZKing

AirborneSilva

Mine are missing or I'd do it for ya, hope someone will get this done for you.

CDN72SE

I can post a pick for you this evening when I'm back at home.

Alan.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Wouldn't you believe it I'm having a hard time tracking my screws down.  :brickwall:
1972 Charger SE

AirborneSilva

I'm hoping that when I buy an "interior screw kit" that it comes with all those screws that seem to get lost/replaced with wrong ones along the way.

ODZKing

Quote from: CDN72SE on March 29, 2012, 12:17:12 PM
Wouldn't you believe it I'm having a hard time tracking my screws down.  :brickwall:
That's my issue.
Well, if anyone has one all together, if ya could just take one out and snap a pic with your phone.   :shruggy:

E5 Charger

Unbelievable! I just checked my 74 and the screws are missing. Someone must have one they can get a photo of.

ODZKing

Mrhws over at 71-74 forum posted this for me.  He says it is from his 74.
Couldn't hurt to get another example though I guess.
5/8 in and I can confirm it has to have a big head of it falls thorugh.

CDN72SE

Managed to find mine, here are the two sets I have, three screws closest to the pad and just in case the four closest to the vents..

1972 Charger SE

ODZKing

Interesting, yours are black and some are chrome.  Wonder if there was ny rhyme or reason for that?   :scratchchin:

bull

If that one pictured next to the blue scale is what I think it is it's the same as those used in parts of the interior on a 2nd gen: a #10 sheet metal screw with a #8 oval head. It sure looks the same to me. You can get those at certina body shop supply places if your local hardware store doesn't carry it.

E5 Charger

I'm happy to see they can be black. I don't think I want the chrome screw to stand out on top of my black dash.

bull

Quote from: E5 Charger on April 22, 2012, 08:18:52 PM
I'm happy to see they can be black. I don't think I want the chrome screw to stand out on top of my black dash.

That's the way it came from the factory, at least it did in 68. :shruggy:

E5 Charger

Maybe they switched to chrome in 73 or 74. :shruggy: