News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What carb is this?

Started by Dodgerdallas, March 22, 2012, 04:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgerdallas

Its on my 66 w/a 318 eng,Im thinking about rebuilding it but my old chiltons is no good Identifing it.I beleve its the original carb
This is gonna be cheap and easy......

hemi71x

WW Series Stromberg Carburetor.
Can you see any numbers on it?

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

Dodgerdallas

3-259 on top,opposite side of the throttle and below that on the side in a small circle is-

Dodgerdallas

The engine runs shaky and the idle won't set,goes up too high them too low when u back off,it's also leakin where the butterfly shaft comes thru- can this be fixed w a rebuild kit or is it time to bail?

Dodgerdallas

Correction,it's leaking at the shaft the throttle
Pivots on as if it's worn badly...

hemi71x

Quote from: Dodgerdallas on March 23, 2012, 05:11:13 PM
3-259 on top,opposite side of the throttle and below that on the side in a small circle is-

3-259 is the original carburetor for your 318 automatic car.

Sounds like the throttle shaft in the carb needs to be re-bushed.
Something like that isn't included in an standard rebuilding kit.
Guess you could send it out to a professional rebuilding shop, to get something
like that done, but is it worth it to you, expense wise?

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

Dodgerdallas

Don't know,I'll have to do something so I can drive it while I work on it,I'd honestly like to replace it w 4 barrel/ intake but everything seems to be original so I hate to break it up.

moparfan53

Quote from: Dodgerdallas on March 22, 2012, 04:00:46 PM
Its on my 66 w/a 318 eng,Im thinking about rebuilding it but my old chiltons is no good Identifing it.I beleve its the original carb

According to the numbers you gave and the parts book, it is the original carb. :2thumbs:  Thought you would like to know.

Dodgerdallas

Yes it is Bendix/Stromberg,thanks for the info-is this information from a shop manual?

moparfan53

Quote from: Dodgerdallas on April 23, 2012, 02:21:00 AM
Yes it is Bendix/Stromberg,thanks for the info-is this information from a shop manual?

No, not a shop manual. It is the carburetor page from the dealership parts book.   

Tilar

If the throttle shaft is leaking and you need to have it for a daily driver, Have you tried a parts store to see if it is available as a rebuilt carb? That would probably be the fastest.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.