News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HAPPY 44th

Started by Fred, May 26, 2012, 07:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Very interesting.

I don't believe they would have use the Julian calendar either.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

lloyd3

Maybe this is something Galen dreamed-up, but the last decode manual I read (his?) stated very clearly that Chrysler used "the Julian Calender" to track production dates.  How else do you explain the numbering convention?   :shruggy:   I believe that I also have an old "Glenn's Tuneup and Repair Manual" that repeats that assertion.

lloyd3

My bad! I reread your day-of-the-year NASA calender and I believe that might actually explain the numbering convention we're seeing. Perhaps the "misunderstanding" printed in those decode manuals has helped to propagate the Julian Calender idea?

HeavyFuel

Quote from: lloyd3 on May 30, 2012, 11:17:12 AM
My bad! I reread your day-of-the-year NASA calender and I believe that might actually explain the numbering convention we're seeing. Perhaps the "misunderstanding" printed in those decode manuals has helped to propagate the Julian Calender idea?

Yep, the Julian numbering system has evolved into something commonly used, a variation of the original, and is not really true to the system's origin or intent.

Kinda like how the R/t badging on vehicles now doesn't really mean squat.  You see "R/t" on friggin' Neons and Durangos and 318 cars. 

Sorry for the hijack, Fred.

68neverlate

Quote from: XS29J8 on May 28, 2012, 10:24:46 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Fred's Charger!
My Charger was born Today 5/28/68.............

Mine too.  We both had a little high octane stuff that night!   :icon_smile_big:

Fred

Quote from: 68neverlate on May 30, 2012, 03:51:53 PM
Quote from: XS29J8 on May 28, 2012, 10:24:46 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Fred's Charger!
My Charger was born Today 5/28/68.............

Mine too.  We both had a little high octane stuff that night!   :icon_smile_big:

:smilielol:  which one of you back fired first?  :smilielol:

68neverlate

Can't recall... I was too drunk! 

I can tell you which one of us woke up the next morning with a hangover, and who did not!    :icon_smile_big:   :cheers:

Fred

Quote from: 68neverlate on June 15, 2012, 03:14:30 PM
Can't recall... I was too drunk! 

I can tell you which one of us woke up the next morning with a hangover, and who did not!    :icon_smile_big:   :cheers:

:lol: :lol: