News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My charger ???

Started by HOTROD, May 10, 2012, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTROD

<<<<<<<< thinking of selling my car for 10,000 dollars??
1968  it has solid frame rails front back i have new two peace trunk not in yet ,not alot of rust on the car.
Needs quarter panels rear valance shock upper , and strip all the paint off of it and no motor??
I have more new parts for it !
What do you guys think to much or not enough ????
Car was a green on green with green interior auto with 318.
What the Hell-Dumass !

ChargerST

hard to say with no pictures other than your avatar but 10k sounds a bit too much.

Troy

Probably not what you want to hear but I'd say you're way high for this market - and I've sold three 68 Chargers recently (all big blocks, one R/T). I suppose it depends on what all you have for it. If the high dollar parts (grill, tail lights, front seats, front fenders, upper door pads, etc.) are in perfect shape you'll do a lot better - but they never are. Figure most new parts you may get 40-50% of what you paid. The fact that it isn't rare or a desirable color means it's perfect for someone wanting to mod it. Unfortunately, that means they want to get it cheap. If it was a column shift you can deduct even more since most people prefer a console or even a 4-speed. I'd predict $4,000-7,000 if you're lucky - assuming you have a clear title in your name as well. You might be able to get $10k if the rust was all patched and it was ready for paint. There are a lot of drivable cars out there selling in the mid teens.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

nvrbdn

id think you need to list what you have with lots of pic's and try it out on ebay with a reserve to see. no motor, plus if the trans will be a 904.how much interior is there? chrome? alot of parts that cost alot to complete. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BBKNARF

Quote from: Troy on May 10, 2012, 04:04:51 PM
Probably not what you want to hear but I'd say you're way high for this market - and I've sold three 68 Chargers recently (all big blocks, one R/T). I suppose it depends on what all you have for it. If the high dollar parts (grill, tail lights, front seats, front fenders, upper door pads, etc.) are in perfect shape you'll do a lot better - but they never are. Figure most new parts you may get 40-50% of what you paid. The fact that it isn't rare or a desirable color means it's perfect for someone wanting to mod it. Unfortunately, that means they want to get it cheap. If it was a column shift you can deduct even more since most people prefer a console or even a 4-speed. I'd predict $4,000-7,000 if you're lucky - assuming you have a clear title in your name as well. You might be able to get $10k if the rust was all patched and it was ready for paint. There are a lot of drivable cars out there selling in the mid teens.

Troy

:iagree:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Dino

Sorry bud but I'm with the rest on this.  Having new parts may up the price a bit but that car without drivetrain you're probably looking at around $5K, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.  For $10K it'll have to be finsihed a bit more.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HOTROD

Thanks ,---- but I have a blue 70 Interiors minus front seats and some of the crappy green ,all of the chrome !!
I have seen rusted out crap go on ebay for 6,000.- just say-n .
I had a 440 but the one cylinder was collapsed and heads were so rusty that valves just snapped off!
what I really need to do is Blast it new quarter skins and lower rear valance and a new 440 if I only had money to put in it !!!    http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/HOTRODH/charger01.jpg
What the Hell-Dumass !

nvrbdn

well, ive seen your car and you definately have a solid starting spot. and i agree, ive seen rusted out crap go for  5 grand and im wondering what they are seeing. are you looking to just get cash and get out? or are you wanting a more complete car? are you looking for cash only, or mabey partial trades?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

HOTROD

My Wife says I'll regret it ,a friend says no your not (his mopar's are the ones I work on !) we just started on his 69 RR convertable got the parts we need from clays son !
This year its a money thing lack of work and this year I got one kid turning 16 and one 21 and I had a bad reaction to paint , my lungs so it sucks !
I just don't no yet !!
What the Hell-Dumass !

nvrbdn

well, you will regret it if you sell. a few years ago i made a comment about mabey selling mine cuz it never was getting done. she said that it wasnt costing anything sitting in the garage. do not sell it. you will get to it when you are ready. so i kept it. glad i did. :2thumbs:  be sure you really want to live without it before you sell. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger_fan_4ever

IMO if your pondering doing the extra work to the body and selling it for more that generally never happens. Selling a car 1/2 done you will lose your shirt.

I have over 20k with purchase price in mine as it sits. Even though most of the metal work is almost done with new AMD metal I'm sure I couldn't get it out of it as it sits all apart. On the other end of the scale another 10k invested to get it to turn key condition I'm pretty sure I could get north of 35k up here in Canada fairly easy.