News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to do after overheating event?

Started by XH29N0G, April 21, 2012, 04:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

This morning I threw the belt that runs the water pump and the engine overheated.  I have no idea how hot the engine got because the water was not circulating (the thermostat went to slightly above 170, but it was boiling inside because I could hear it when turned off the engine.  I may have done a stupid thing and drove it about 5 minutes to get home when the thermostat started to rise.  The radiator cap did not release, but I do not know if it is working properly.

It has now cooled down, and I am planning to replace the belt.  Are there any things I should check?  Or should I be pretty much good to go.  

Thank you,

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

c00nhunterjoe

First check the engine oil for water. If it is free of water then I would change it in case it got really hot.

Run the engine and check for smoke from the exhaust. If all looks good take it for a ride.

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....