News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steak, what is your favorite?

Started by b5blue, May 31, 2013, 06:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Bob T on June 01, 2013, 02:49:36 PM
Scotch filet with mushrooms and bernaise sauce.
Had some venison with a blueberry sauce recently at a restaurant, man that was delicious

Not sure if I've even seen venison (deer) on the menu before.  Least not around here....everyone has it in their freezers.

Tilar

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 02, 2013, 11:25:20 PM
Just use Italian salad dressing. It works as a great marinade. Needs some recipes. Just ask. I love to cook. Plus, I'm in pain and bored shitless.  I made the DC.com crew confetti coleslaw at Carlisle the other . I pretty sure I didn't kill any of them.  :shruggy:    :nana:    :smilielol:   

Italian dressing is what I use. I let them set overnight in the fridge.  I remember the coleslaw, it was good... That was fun! Seemed like a lot to get it all together but it was fun.  :yesnod:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bill440rt

McCormick makes some really good marinades in powder packets that you have to mix up. Some of them taste really good.
Try Lawry's Carribean Jerk Sauce for London Broil. I let that soak overnight. It comes out very nice & tender on the grill.  :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hatersaurusrex

Only three votes for NY Strip?  You guys can't be for real.

For me, a 1.5" strip done just shy of medium is heaven.  Let me give you guys a recipe you'll send me free parts over:  Let it get to room temp before cooking and coat both sides with oil.  Grind kosher salt or sea salt and black pepper on both sides.  Get your grill good and hot and meanwhile heat a seasoned cast iron skillet in the oven to 500 degrees.  Take it out and put it on he big eye of your range on high.  Drop the steak in and sear for 30-45 seconds on each side (do the sides too if its thick enough to stand up).   This creates a delicious crust that will make you forget marinades forever. Take them out and move immediately to your grill and finish to your liking.   I like mine at 135deg.

Let them rest for at least 2 mins under foil or it'll be a bloodbath when you cut it.

Do this and you will thank me. I learned this method last year and will never make steak any other way again.

If you dry age the meat in the fridge for about 2 days first you'll name your next child after me.

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

hatersaurusrex

Shit that was my 1,000th post.

If one of you tries this and thanks me, it will have been worth it
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

67440chrg

NY strip called a Kc strip here in kc. Med well with portobello mushrooms cooked upside down on the grill with butter & garlic in them. Yellow squash 1/2ed with the same & corn on cob buttered and wraped with foil. Its hard to get them inside with out a bite gone.

BananaDan

A big assed bone-in ribeye cooked medium rare over a wood fire.  Yum!  NY Strip is a very close second.  My granddaddy steak of choice is a porterhouse, but I can't finish them like I could in my younger years.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

resq302

Never thought I would be saying this but...... Dan, you have some really nice meat there!   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: BananaDan on June 04, 2013, 09:22:16 PM
A big assed bone-in ribeye cooked medium rare over a wood fire.  Yum!  NY Strip is a very close second.  My granddaddy steak of choice is a porterhouse, but I can't finish them like I could in my younger years.

DAMN  :drool5:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73