News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are 68 Charger strut bars the same as 70 Challenger/Cuda

Started by Bob T, April 01, 2012, 01:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

I'm in the middle of upgrading my suspension on my 68 R/T- upper and lower ball joints and torsion bar bushes etc but I have found that the passenger side lower stut that connects the K frame to the lower control arm was stripped at the l.c.a. and had a castle nut welded in place over the first nut  :brickwall:
It was tough to get out , but its out

So, a mate of mine might have some spare struts left over from a Challenger or Cuda project that I could borrow, will they be the same??

Thanks

Bob
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

If memory serves me correctly Bob ................they are.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

Cheers Fred

Solid weekend in the garage with breaker bar, extension bar off trolley jack and heat gun when needed  ;)
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Been there done that............will be (if not always enjoyable) very rewarding in the end.
Me and the Mrs. had a great day out at the "All American Car Show" today. Huge turnout. The weather was perfect, plenty to see, a great Rock"n"Roll band playing and best of all I picked up some great garage art for my man cave.  :cheers:

Bob T

Quote from: Fred on April 01, 2012, 03:24:14 AM
Been there done that............will be (if not always enjoyable) very rewarding in the end.
Me and the Mrs. had a great day out at the "All American Car Show" today. Huge turnout. The weather was perfect, plenty to see, a great Rock"n"Roll band playing and best of all I picked up some great garage art for my man cave.  :cheers:

Cool, put up some pics then.
We had 12th Beach Hop this last week - have you heard of it?? , 30,000 people and cars to Whangamata 2 hours south of Auckland , huge event of the calendar, Victor Bray even brought out his 3000hp 57 methanol pig a few years ago .........and I was still working on the BigBlackDodge......next year will be good though
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on April 01, 2012, 03:29:59 AM
Quote from: Fred on April 01, 2012, 03:24:14 AM
Me and the Mrs. had a great day out at the "All American Car Show" today. Huge turnout. The weather was perfect, plenty to see, a great Rock"n"Roll band playing and best of all I picked up some great garage art for my man cave.  :cheers:

Cool, put up some pics then.
We had 12th Beach Hop this last week - have you heard of it?? , 30,000 people and cars to Whangamata 2 hours south of Auckland , huge event of the calendar, Victor Bray even brought out his 3000hp 57 methanol pig a few years ago .........and I was still working on the BigBlackDodge......next year will be good though

No, crikey, what a turn out.
Can't post any pics. Only managed to take a couple Of an old woody before the camera batteries died. The Mrs. had to go out this morning to buy some new ones.