News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My car will be in Mopar Muscle

Started by pandamarie, March 20, 2012, 12:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

Mopar Muscle will have my car in the news section of Junes issue. It is still being worked on with all the mods being made to it. getting ready to do a pre assembly and fit so we can blow it apart and start painting the bottom side and all suspension parts.

What would be the best headers to run for the easiest access to the plugs?  I am using the Magnum Force front suspension with the rack and pinion so have plenty of room on the drivers side.

hemi68charger

Awesome.. Congrad's !!! I'll look for it.......  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Budnicks

Quote from: pandamarie on March 20, 2012, 12:17:25 PM
Mopar Muscle will have my car in the news section of Junes issue. It is still being worked on with all the mods being made to it. getting ready to do a pre assembly and fit so we can blow it apart and start painting the bottom side and all suspension parts.

What would be the best headers to run for the easiest access to the plugs?  I am using the Magnum Force front suspension with the rack and pinion so have plenty of room on the drivers side.
What is the car going to be in the Mopar Muscle Mag ??, the best fitting headers to access the plugs are custom built headers, especilly if you have a ton of room now, but they aren't cheap... for mas produced stuff the TTI's $600+, Hookers $200+, Doug's Headers $400+, Schumacher Creative Services $600+ & Some Heddmans are pretty good also $180+ {the shorty style Elites are real easy to get to the plugs}, do you want a real perfomance headers ??, or just easy to work on ?? Real Tunned Properly sized & style Performance headers aren't cheap... For custom made, perfect fitting real performance headers contact www.performancewelding.com , quality stuff priced accordingly...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Howie

Dont get Hookers their quality has gone away. I bought a set of TTI completely coated and ran me 800. They are very nice and the best bet for your money. 

1966hemi

+1 for the TTI headers and exhaust systems. Top notch in my books!

68 Bullitt Charger

Congrat's and I too will looking out for it. :2thumbs:
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

WINGIN IT

For those who don't know your car, how about enlightening us, so we know who to compliment when we see it ... :popcrn: :icon_smile_wink:

33yeartoy

pandamarie

For those that want to know about my car, I bought it 21 years ago and used it as a daily driver until about 7 years ago when I started getting the parts together to make it into a daytona clone.
Started out as a one owner 383 2 bbl AC car. when the 383 got tired I built a 440 and dropped it in place along with a built 727. After my second back surgery it sat in my garage. During that time my son got a job at the local Jr. College and took the car in for the school to finish as a school project. I go in and do what I can to keep the project going, like installing the 4 link and magnum force front end and some body work.
We are trying to have it done for next years Sacramento Autorama, due to all the breaks for school and the amount of work the students have to do it will take time. All the panels are coming out very nice thanks to the students that are working on it, so we are going with gloss black with a sassy grass green stripe.
The belly pan and rear diffuser will all be built by the students along with the routing of the exhaust and all paint work. Going to show it for a year then take it on the silver state races.
The cost to run bonniville with all the safety equipment required is more than I can afford plus it makes the car far from streetable.
If there is anyone you need to say good job to it would be the students for all their hard work.  Plus it is a great learning experience for them and the up coming hot rod building classes they are planning.
Besides the Daytona the have a 54 chevy truck, 32 Ford roadster and a 32 Ford pickup that they are working on.

moparstuart

Quote from: pandamarie on March 28, 2012, 10:08:06 AM
For those that want to know about my car, I bought it 21 years ago and used it as a daily driver until about 7 years ago when I started getting the parts together to make it into a daytona clone.
Started out as a one owner 383 2 bbl AC car. when the 383 got tired I built a 440 and dropped it in place along with a built 727. After my second back surgery it sat in my garage. During that time my son got a job at the local Jr. College and took the car in for the school to finish as a school project. I go in and do what I can to keep the project going, like installing the 4 link and magnum force front end and some body work.
We are trying to have it done for next years Sacramento Autorama, due to all the breaks for school and the amount of work the students have to do it will take time. All the panels are coming out very nice thanks to the students that are working on it, so we are going with gloss black with a sassy grass green stripe.
The belly pan and rear diffuser will all be built by the students along with the routing of the exhaust and all paint work. Going to show it for a year then take it on the silver state races.
The cost to run bonniville with all the safety equipment required is more than I can afford plus it makes the car far from streetable.
If there is anyone you need to say good job to it would be the students for all their hard work.  Plus it is a great learning experience for them and the up coming hot rod building classes they are planning.
Besides the Daytona the have a 54 chevy truck, 32 Ford roadster and a 32 Ford pickup that they are working on.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGIN IT

"... so we are going with gloss black with a sassy grass green stripe."

This is a combo I'd like to see ... :popcrn: :icon_smile_big:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 1966hemi on March 21, 2012, 04:18:52 PM
+1 for the TTI headers and exhaust systems. Top notch in my books!

+2

Daytona Guy

pandamarie

Should have more pics by the end of next week. Getting ready for my son's wedding in two weeks, next week is fitting all the parts and getting the gaps set before taking it apart for primer and more body work.

nvrbdn

yep, seen it. nice article on the college kids. "student-built charger daytona takes wing" :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House