News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona headlining rear section question

Started by dodgey68, March 24, 2012, 04:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgey68

may i ask for a few more pics of headlinings in daytona in the rear section, does the rear original charger window edge really poke through that much under the daytona/500 windowplug?
i am fitting a headlining  soon and would like to be shore
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

hemi68charger

Yeap,, it sure does... On both my 500's and Daytona, the same thing..............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

xs29j8Bullitt

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

richRTSE

65post

Not that it matters but when I took down the headliner in my old Daytona it still had the inner plastic finish mlg.from the original charger window on both sides but the top and bottom were hacked off.I figured they left the side mlds.there so as to keep the raw metal edge from cutting the NEW daytona headliner..
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI figured they left the side mlds.there so as to keep the raw metal edge from cutting the NEW daytona headliner..

i wrapped those edges in phat matt or they would have cut the headliner for shure
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Indygenerallee

I was looking at that as well, I am going to use some of the moulding that is used on the pinchweld on the front quarter to door area, I hate headliners and this one looks like a big PITA, Im not a fan of red interiors but whoever put that red headliner in is a master and it looks great!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

dodgey68

thats a bit rude leaving that edge to poke through,,,, :shruggy:, thats factory i spoze
thank you for the pics, ill put some thing over the edge and ill post a pic of how i went, the  red trim looks about how its spoze to look.
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

BigBlockSam

i believe the red one is a real daytona . everything seems to fit better on them. with the clones your adapting things.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Daytona Guy

I cut the side lip out that the old window rested on. It allowed for an easier and wrinkle free instalation of the headliner.

CornDogsCharger

Great topic! I have a question along the same lines. For the guys with clones that have used the Vega plug, what are you doing on the inside of the panel around the glass opening to attach the headliner to?  Since the Vega never had a tack strip in that area I would be interested in seeing what works best.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Indygenerallee

I am going to modify the factory headliner teeth and weld them to the pinchweld on the Vega plug, I still have to make the lip also that the rear package tray will rest on.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Daytona Guy

BigBlockSam

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: Daytona Guy on March 27, 2012, 10:54:01 PM
what I did -

Dane

Cool.  Easy handling that thing.. looks like it will bite you if you aren't careful.  I planned on doing something along those lines too.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee