News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bumper Boyz - Quality Opinion?

Started by bobs66440, January 19, 2012, 06:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobs66440

I need to order a new rear bumper (don't have a core to get rechromed) and I was considering Bumper Boyz in Ca. Does anyone have good or bad experiences?? There were other vendors at Carlisle but I can't remember who they were.

Thanks    :2thumbs:

68 Bullitt Charger

IMO junk for the person doing a real nice resto or has a real nice car already. If you are looking for an ok quality rechomed bumper for a run of the mill street car, than its ok otherwise stay away and triple plate chome your original.
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

BIGBLCK11

They are definitely overpriced for the quality.  Just didn't look like very "bright" chrome to me, they look almost tinted.  :Twocents:

PA Dodger

No! Don't do it! I bought a rechromed bumper from the Bumper Boyz for my '70 Challenger. I epoxy painted the back side and kept the shiny side well waxed. It started to get rust pits after 2 years. The core must not have been prepped for plating correctly?
Not worth it. :Twocents:

'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

NHCharger

Call Tri-City Plating, Elizabethon, TN. 1-423-542-6532
Lifetime warranty. I've bought three bumpers from them.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bobs66440

Ok, thanks. I've heard good things about Tri-City. I will call them... :2thumbs:

bobs66440

I ended up sending my bumpers to Tri-City Plating. They had very fast and professional turn-around. Less than 2 weeks and very nice people to deal with.

The quality of the chrome is very good on the top side areas and fair on the front/bottom. You can see sanding/grinding scratches if you look close, but overall I'm happy with them for the price. Are they as good as show chrome? No. But I didn't pay for show chrome either.

elacruze

Quote from: NHCharger on January 19, 2012, 09:48:20 PM

+1

Mine are perfect, and came in the door for $800 if I remember correctly. No cores required, but I do have a core set I could send them if you need.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bobs66440

Quote from: elacruze on February 24, 2012, 12:34:05 AM
Quote from: NHCharger on January 19, 2012, 09:48:20 PM

+1

Mine are perfect, and came in the door for $800 if I remember correctly. No cores required, but I do have a core set I could send them if you need.
I called and asked about the small grinding marks. They said they shouldn't be there and offered to redo them if I wasn't happy. I don't think I want to go through the trouble of sending them back. They go to Carlisle, so if I decide I don't like them I'll probably just bring them there. As I said, it' not that bad, but I wonder if they will get worse?

brant

My BumperBoyz bumper cost a fortune and the chrome started peeling/flaking in 20 months. So it looked good for a while! Never again!!!!!

billssuperbird