News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ha anyone else tried MIPA primer

Started by superbirdtom, February 19, 2012, 01:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

Just recieved some samples of a German product called MIPA brand primer and clear. Juat tried the primer and it dries real fast .   the quart was very heavy very high solids.  and the bondo area on an old truck was about 4 feet wide and 3 feet high in the bedside, I used  the small 0,31 sata disposa cup full,    and my 6.5 tip. the stuff dried very fast  only 5 minutes between coats . and I plowed it on thick couldn;t get it to run .  it sanded very well and is half the cost of ppg k-36 the runniest worst primer on the planet.            Am wondering if anyone else has tried it. i would recommend it, and its now the new shop primer ,its a urethane primer.   

the upol primer i just tried in the orange can is also very thick and builds very well but because it is a poly primer it stinks out the whole shop . just the vapors from a bed for a resto we had sitting gassing off stunk for 3  weeks.  This  MIPA primer smells like latex paint .   I had to change mostly  because i am allergic to k-36 sand dust.  I can get phone numbers to people who sell  it in Seattle area.  or  you can look it up online.  comes in bright green can . all german writing on it . but distributor sends english instructions.     Will try clear sample pak next  let u know  how that stuff is. :popcrn:

Silver R/T

Never heard about it but I do use Sherwin Williams Finish 1 FP410 urethane primer, very good product and inexpensive. I can get it locally too
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

superbirdtom

I too have used sherwin williams  high build primer. it was a pale yellow one.  it dried real hard so it never shrank.  good stuff.  I am always loking for cheaper good stuff.  Ill post prices and such later on the MIPA........ NAPA paint is sherwin wiliams.