News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi/440 fuel sender number

Started by 69hemidaytona, February 15, 2012, 06:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

Does anybody know the number that is stamped on the outside of an original 1969 Charger hemi/440 3/8" fuel sender. That number may not be the same as the part number. Not sure though....Thanks

maxwellwedge

bill440rt

Here are shots of one that I have. This one is correct for '68 - '70 B-body/Charger, 440/Hemi with 3/8" line. It is NOS.

The outer lip is stamped with the 7 digit part number 2947693. The part number on the box reads 3420847, which is a superceded part number (box is stamped 2 76, so it might be a '76 date coded over the counter replacement). There is another number stamped 0266, which possibly might correspond to that date code (26th day of '76)??
There is another number on the outer lip which reads 04091. The 4091 number is also on the box.
The pentastar is stamped just below the fuel line bung. The word INTROL is also stamped next to the fuel bung. The float is made of brass.

Repros will not have any of these stampings. The part number or date code will also not be visible when the part is installed, it is covered by the lock ring & gasket.
Hope that helps you some...
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69hemidaytona

Thanks Bill: Wow an NOS unit :drool5:  From what I hear that is the only type that will work correctly. The reason I am wondering about this is that Roger Gibson has a nice used one he says he will sell me that he thinks is off of a hemi/440 car. The stamping on it is 2947691. I know that is not the part number for an original but it looks like the stamping number is different than the part number on them. Since yours is a superseded part number, that may explain why your stamped number is just a little different than the one on the possible original. Once Jim checks his original out that may give me the confirmation I need. Thanks guys. ;)

Nacho-RT74

Is not uncommon to have a stamped or casted number on item, then a SERVICE number on box
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bill440rt

My parts book showed the "693" number as being the correct part number, but perhaps the "691" number is an assembly line part number? Sometimes those were different.

The repro units can be tweaked to work closely. I heard they are selling accurate "tweaked" units now.

Keep us posted on the "691" number, you have me intrigued.  :scratchchin:
:popcrn:

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 16, 2012, 08:50:14 AM
Is not uncommon to have a stamped or casted number on item, then a SERVICE number on box

Right. Part numbers changed as parts were superceded. I found a correct fan clutch that way right at a dealer, it was a reboxed original unit packaged in a box with a superceded part number. The number on the clutch itself was the period correct part number. Lucked out for sure.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce