News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reverse Lights Indicator in Steering Column?

Started by MoparMotel, February 13, 2012, 09:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

Hi

My reverse lights quit working about three years ago on my '68 and I am just now getting around to fixing them. I took it to a local automotive electric place and they said that my reverse light indicator inside the steering column was bad. My car is a column shift if that matters. My question is do you guys know anyone who makes this part and also what it looks like? Not having any luck finding one on year one or ebay.
1968 Dodge Charger

Back N Black

#68 in the pic.

If the BU lights don't work may not be a faulty switch, there is a pin in the shift sleeve that activates the switch and it's common to find the pin broken off.

MoparMotel

Quote from: Back N Black on February 13, 2012, 11:02:44 PM
#68 in the pic.

If the BU lights don't work may not be a faulty switch, there is a pin in the shift sleeve that activates the switch and it's common to find the pin broken off.

Thanks I'll have to check that out. They worked perfect, took the car to shop to get engine rebuilt and get it back and now they don't work along with dash cluster guages not reading correctly....Go figure
1968 Dodge Charger