News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ebay - Ever have to file a claim with a buyer?

Started by 1970Moparmann, February 18, 2012, 10:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Been doing Ebay since the company started.   I have around 400 transactions between buying and selling and am surprised on my latest sell.  The buyer is claiming I sent him a $75 part instead of the $275 part he paid for and I sent him.  This one is interesting.  Wondering if anyone ever went through this before?  I'm wondering how these gets settled?   

Being in the security industry, I've seen many employee theft and investigations to "think" what happened.  This guy has a business and I'm pretty confident that an employee opened the box, did the switch 'r rue and is claiming I sent the wrong part. 

This one baffles me because I'm too honest and hate it when people aren't the same.  This goes to misrepresenting anything especially cars.

Mike
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Drache

I've gone through it and this is why I always take pictures of me packaging the item just to protect against something like this. All you can do is state your case to ebay who will look at your feedback rating and make a decision. This will be a serious gamble.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Silver R/T

I've had buyers trying to claim that I haven't sent them everything that was in auction. I simply tell them to re-read auction description to see what is included and not included in the auction. It's amazing how many idiots are on ebay thinking that they're getting items that are not shown/included in the auction.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Drache on February 18, 2012, 10:49:52 AM
I've gone through it and this is why I always take pictures of me packaging the item just to protect against something like this. All you can do is state your case to ebay who will look at your feedback rating and make a decision. This will be a serious gamble.

Yeh, I haven't done this but I sure am going to moving forward. 

This issue was escalated to Ebay now and it's in their hands.  If they screw me, it will just make me sell more items in forum websites where I've had a lot of great transactions also.  We'll see......

Silver R/T

I usually get tracking number, that way they can't say I didn't ship it, etc.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

MoparManJim

You have to watch eBay now days also, they are just like PayPal. If someone files a complaint, 9/10 They will rule in favor of the buyer not the seller EVEN when you provide all the info an photos.

Drache

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 18, 2012, 02:43:50 PM
You have to watch eBay now days also, they are just like PayPal. If someone files a complaint, 9/10 They will rule in favor of the buyer not the seller EVEN when you provide all the info an photos.

Ebay owns Paypal  :slap:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

MoparManJim

Quote from: Drache on February 18, 2012, 02:45:18 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on February 18, 2012, 02:43:50 PM

Ebay owns Paypal  :slap:

Bud, please don't go smacking me. I haven't been filling to well at all today.

I don't belive I said that about PayPal and eBay. Thanks also for the slap, I needed that to wake me up alittle better.  :2thumbs:

Silver R/T

I'd call ebay and explain the situation. I've had similar problem where customer wanted extra parts that weren't included in the auction and threatened to leave me negative feedback. I've called ebay and they resolved issue and were polite about it.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1970Moparmann

I called and talked to a rep.  She also logged a report with the information.  I see what happens in the next few days.

jaak

I have had to file claims, usually after the buyer files the claim, eBay is suppose to contact the seller for their side of the story, then you have seven days (I think) to contact eBay.

Jason