News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newbie & need some shipping advice

Started by Hessian, December 24, 2011, 08:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hessian

Update for anyone who might be following this thread...

Got frustrated enough to track down the Director of Operations for Passport Transport yesterday. Lo and behold, got an email first thing this morning saying that my car would be loaded today and delivered this Sat...

The Dir of Ops called me mid afternoon and appologzied for the delay/SNAFU.  I explained everything and he agreed and said he would do what he could to get my car moving. 

BUT WAIT... just got a call that the truck/driver who was going to pick up my car is now stuck in Arkansas and prob wont make it to MO until tommorrow.   Accordingly, now my car won't be delievered until Tuesday at the earliest....  :brickwall:

When they gave me my shipping window, Saturday the 13th was the last day for delivery.  Come Saturday, they will officially be in breach of our contract.

I suspect what happend (based on a comment by the Dir of Ops) that all the rolling stock was re-directed to get everything to Barrettt Jackson out in Scottsdale. 

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Currently own:
1969 Charger "General Lee" 440
2014 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition

Previously owned:
1969 Charger R/T "Death Proof"
2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange- First edition #1915 of 6400
1968 Charger 440

Semper Fidelis  USMC Retired 1991-2011

RallyeMike

Sounds like an opportunity to negotiate a discount with the Ops director.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Dans 68

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 12, 2012, 06:50:55 PM
Sounds like an opportunity to negotiate a discount with the Ops director.

A Huge discount. They have a lot of making up to do.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

nvrbdn

yes, especially when word of mouth could be damaging when your voice on the computer can be very wide :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Fred

It's been a while Hessian. What's happening, don't tell me it still hasn't arrived?   :eek2:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Hessian

Hey gents
It finally did arrive but I had to leave an hour later to fly out for business.  I'm due home later this week and if the weather holds up I will take some pics.
The total f-story of the shipping ordeal didn't end well, with damage to my car... Makes me sick to even think about it... But I will post the details when I get home along with the pics.
Thanks to everyone on here who gave encouragement and advice.
Hessian
Currently own:
1969 Charger "General Lee" 440
2014 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition

Previously owned:
1969 Charger R/T "Death Proof"
2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange- First edition #1915 of 6400
1968 Charger 440

Semper Fidelis  USMC Retired 1991-2011

nvrbdn

aw man sorry to hear. hope it all turned out ok after the mess was cleared.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Fred

Bastards! nobody has any respect for other peoples property anymore.

Rolling_Thunder

Yeah - that's a massive discount waiting to happen....          come on marine - you know you want to pick up the phone...     :nana:

03 then dive and jump eh?   Buddy of mine started 0300 and went to  BRC - then jump, dive, ranger, mountain warfare blah blah blah....       he ended up 0326 in MARSOC and been doing cool stuff since. Its always classic to see him and my other friend debate who's more of a bad ass (other friend is a USAF CCT) - talk about a pissing contest.

Keep your chin up bro - after all - this is supposed to be a 'fun' hobby    :2thumbs:  

Let us know about the damage - also let the shipping company know about it as well...     you have the car in your possession so now you can be as nasty as you want about it - phone calls, hate mail, etc
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Fred

Hey Hessian, just wondering how you're getting on with your charger. I know you finally got it so that's good news but whats the story on the damage? I hope it was nothing too serious. How's it coming along?
Fred

nvrbdn

Quote from: Fred on February 14, 2012, 02:28:49 AM
Hey Hessian, just wondering how you're getting on with your charger. I know you finally got it so that's good news but whats the story on the damage? I hope it was nothing too serious. How's it coming along?
Fred

:yesnod: :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House