News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 68 charger tail lights???? Both right

Started by plasticman-32, October 02, 2013, 07:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticman-32

As I was stripping down the rear end of my 68 charger I noticed thy both tail lights were right sides and I never knew the difference from looking at them on the car... And there a small chance they my have been replaced but not Likely any one know why I could have both rights?

Thanks 

NHCharger

Unless you know the entire history of your car the left light had to have been replaced sometime in the last 40+ years. If you have owned the car since new and you never replaced the tail light that means someone at the factory had a liquid lunch before working on your car.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

myk

Well, if no one else notices the issue I say just leave it; unless it just bugs you so much that you need to make it "right."

plasticman-32

Thanks guys I mean they look the same and fine on the car but not sure if that's factory or been replaced at one time

8WHEELER

Never heard of a 68 with both right side tail lights from the factory, and willing to bet it never happened.

But I know a guy with a 68 Hemi 4sp Charger, that found two Right side NOS tail lights, and did some
small modifications to make them fit. I bought the other two NOS tail lights first, this guy had four of them.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.