News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Accidental Woodpecker Visit (Pics)

Started by Old Moparz, January 08, 2012, 08:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

My daughter comes into the room where I am today & says, "Oh, you're in the house."

I replied, "Yeah, why?"

"I thought you were outside throwing things or banging at my window & being annoying." she said.

Thinking about the time I made a fake, scary looking head on a long stick to hold up outside her window when her friends were sleeping over, I said, "Nope, I'm right here. Why would you think it was me?"   :lol:

"It must have been a bird that hit the window." she replied, & went outside to see.

Turns out it was a small bird, a woodpecker I believe, that hit the glass & dazed itself. It was okay, just stunned & surprisingly stayed very calm. It stuck around for 10 minutes until the glass hangover ended & then it flew away. Pretty cool to get such a close look at it, even though I think it's the same pain in the ass bird that's pecked a bunch of holes in my cedar siding.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

oldcarnut

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 08, 2012, 08:41:20 PM
Pretty cool to get such a close look at it, even though I think it's the same pain in the ass bird that's pecked a bunch of holes in my cedar siding.
Haven't had one make holes on the house wood but it must be one of them rat-a-tat-tat'n on the steel chimney cap now and then.  Must have one tough pecker to sound off on it like it does.

Drache

That is a Downy Woodpecker, lack of red on the head means female.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

I think I'd try to stay pretty calm too if I ran into your window head first at 30 mph. ;)

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargermike

hate them damm birds. they put big holes in the house.  cant shoot them cause there protected. but they should all be shot. what a pain in the ass they are.  :cheers:

C_stripes

Quote from: Drache on January 08, 2012, 11:42:31 PM
That is a Downy Woodpecker, lack of red on the head means female.

Damn! They cant "drive" in nature either.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Fred

Glad it was only stunned as more often than not (sadly) they end up breaking their necks.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.