News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RON DAVIS Radiators

Started by graybo, November 02, 2015, 02:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

Has anyone tried a Ron Davis Aluminum direct fit radiator in a "NOSED" car yet.   I'm having trouble keeping my Superbird cool.   Thanks :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

taxspeaker

I used his radiator with the double pusher fan in my 70 R/T Hemi charger after constant overheat issues. It worked very, very well, and I had tried 3 other radiator/electric fan combos with the car without luck. I have not tried it in my Bird but have been giving it thought after summer overheating issues. My only concern is the amp draw when both fans are on
Bob

62 Max

`Really not a fan of aluminum radiators.Had my original re cored (3 row),original 7 blade fixed fan,6 blade A/C water pump and 195* thermostat,has never seen 200* since I owned it under any conditions.

birdsandbees

Nothing like a good old original radiator. The one in my '69 Bee's been in there since 1980 and still as good as new. It cracks the thermostat and nothing more. Same deal with my Superbird, never has it overheated, even on some nasty days. The odd high humidity x 100F day I had to run the defrost on high in traffic, but other than that mint.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

WINGMAN

I contacted Glen-Ray to replace the core in my 054 that is out of my Daytona. $700.00 + S&H. (Wingman).  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

steve817

Bob at Glen Ray Radiators is the ONLY way to go!  I have had Bob restore all of my radiators and they are perfect in function, look and fit.  I have logged thousands of miles on cudas, challengers, coronets, roadrunners, chargers using his service with no issues.  Great guy to work with! 

Mike DC

There's a reason why the stock cooling setup may not be enough for everyone anymore. 

Modern gasoline runs the engine hotter than muscle-era gasoline did.  A stock unrestored survivor will run hotter on modern gas than it did when it was new. 

Combine that with the wing car nose, with the opening being sized for superspeedway usage, and you have a lot of potential for overheating even in stock condition. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 03, 2015, 07:31:48 AM

Combine that with the wing car nose, with the opening being sized for superspeedway usage, and you have a lot of potential for overheating even in stock condition. 

Been there, done that............ Now, with the distilled water and Water Wetter in my system, I haven't had any issues with the Daytona, neither with the 440 or the current 426 Hemi. I have yet had to use the pusher fan I put in it out of necessity.

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

graybo

Thanks for all the responses guys.  I just purchased a "champion" 4 core 26 inch aluminum rad.  I have a fan shroud with a 6 blade fan that I'll try and see what happens.   :shruggy: