News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Throttle return Springs

Started by projectanimal, January 10, 2012, 10:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

projectanimal

Simple question, but could someone please post a picture of their return Spring Set up??   I have rebuilt my Carb, cleaned and painted the intake, but I noticed in a few pictures that my Spring locations don't seem right from the Previous Owner.  I also need to find/make a new plate to recieve the Spring as it's currently hooked to a bolt head..   :scratchchin: :rotz:   these are a few shots of before (I know it's the wrong side, but you can see the Springs), and then a shot after I installed a new Valley pan, painted my intake and the rebuilt Carb!   ;D
northwest CT

projectanimal

Thanks Nacho!  :cheers:
will be ordering one of those!   still looking for a clear picture of how all the linkage is hooked up with the kick-down rod just to be sure I start off on the right foot!   :popcrn:
northwest CT

westcoastdodge

got a couple of pics of mine if that helps :2thumbs:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

maxwellwedge

He has the single rod kick-down set-up. Looks like it is all there - just adjust it as the FSM says for that style of linkage. Not sure when the big-blocks started using that set-up....71 or later I think.

projectanimal

Thanks guys!   :cheers:   those pictures are what I was looking for.  the previous owner hooked the springs to the kickdown rod and not the throttle lever (maybe it doesn't matter, but it didn't look right to me).  Good catch Maxwell - I do have the single rod kick-down which I need to hook back up as it was just hanging disconnected. :scratchchin: :shruggy: but the clip retainer is there, so it should be an easy connect!  haven't driven the car as we've been working on the body and trying to ge the oil to stop leaking before any cruises around the neighborhood (not to mention no bumpers, lights, or interior, but that shouldn't stop me!)   :smilielol:
northwest CT