News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yes..... yes I have a problem

Started by Khyron, January 10, 2012, 03:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I know everyone is waiting for more updates to the 36 Chevy i started, but I think you may have to wait a bit longer... I went and bought something else...

I know it says 49 in the window, but she's a 50 Dodge 2 Door hard top, original Flat head 6, 3 on the tree and most important.... runs :-)

Wish me luck!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

before you ask.... yes she's solid, and yes Im cutting her :-)

4 off the roof, drop her 3 to the ground, shaved door handles and gas cap, I will make some quarter wheel skirts, and some minor changes to her look, here is a photoshop attempt of what I want to do.

It changes the whole attitude of the car :)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

FlatbackFanatic

That will look so cool!! Put in a 6.1 also.... :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

bordin34

IMO, looks much much better without the chop or wheel cover.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

68X426

Quote from: elacruze on January 10, 2012, 07:40:31 PM
Quote from: bordin34 on January 10, 2012, 07:23:26 PM
IMO, looks much much better without the chop or wheel cover.

:iagree:

:iagree: x2

However ...... the new look is awesome classic led sled. If that's what you really want, then it's a winner.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Budnicks

Quote from: Khyron on January 10, 2012, 03:32:56 PM
before you ask.... yes she's solid, and yes Im cutting her :-)

4 off the roof, drop her 3 to the ground, shaved door handles and gas cap, I will make some quarter wheel skirts, and some minor changes to her look, here is a photoshop attempt of what I want to do.

It changes the whole attitude of the car :)
I like it, I'm not crazy about your choice of color, but like the overall concept....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

twodko

X3. Lead sled whatever, the car you've just acquired is not easy to find.....especially since it runs and is in good shape. For me I'd build a modern drive train for it but I would maintain the original lines........with the appropriate wheels and rubber to handle the MONSTER motor!  Your car so have fun your way.  :2thumbs:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

472 R/T SE

I think it looks bitchin' in it's original state.  ;)

The70RT

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 10, 2012, 10:05:22 PM
I think it looks bitchin' in it's original state.  ;)

Me too, looks like a cool whiskey runner  :icon_smile_cool:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bill440rt

I agree with the aforementioned posters.  :yesnod:    I like it the way it is. Looks like a complete, clean, original car. Why mess with that?

I'm sure there are a few abandoned lead sled projects out there to be found, or a '50's car that is stripped out sitting in a field somewhere just waitin' to be saved & fall victim to a sawzall. There are options.

But hey, it's your car. Do as you wish.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

greenpigs

I hate to jump along with the others but it looks great as is! No need to go modern for a powertrain but a 452 B with dual carbs would be nice.

Since its your ride & dime have at it but I like it the way it sits.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TheGhost

It runs?  Hell, I'd just drive it as is.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

Cooter

Anybody can restore a car, but it takes real balls to cut one up. Hack away Khyron!
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bobs66440

Cool. Rare car to find in good shape and very unusual. You will most likely be the only one at the show. The sedan is much nicer than the coupe imo, which is unusual for other makes. I love how the B-pillar is slanted. Very stylish. I'm a hot rodder at heart and I don't have much trouble cutting up some cars, but the roofline on that one is pretty nice already. Not real tall & bulbous like the Chevys of those years. And that will not be an easy chop.

Hell, why not lower it a couple of inches, throw some nice period wheels/tires on it along with dual exhaust and glasspacks and drive it a while. You can always cut it up later... :shruggy: Those six-bangers sound cool with dual exhaust! I'd even leave those wheels and tires on if they're not dry rotted.  Cool cruiser. I'd love to have it... :yesnod:

404NOTFOUND

My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

64dartgt

Trade you...my Wife wants another Jag XJS...green this time...seems I got the color wrong the first time...silly me for actually asking her.   :brickwall: