News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Hood

Started by rickroadrunner, January 17, 2012, 01:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickroadrunner

I am currently working on the hood which has some dents on the leading edge. The nose cone is dented also, so can't use as reference. Does anybody have a photo of the leading edge they could post for me to compare?
Also, did the factory apply some kind of seam sealer between the hood and the extension to stop water ingestion, or is it just the paint?
One more, I am replacing the old factory dum dum under the hood between the brace and the top skin. The old material hase gone hard and brittle. I intended on using a modern product like Sika Flex, although with this the finish is neater/better. Any comments re what is best. Thanks

62 Max

No sealer between the hood and extension.What is between the hood and top skin on mine is still like new,can't answer that part of your question.
Good lick.

rickroadrunner

Thanks 62Max, would you have a photo looking directly at the leading edge? EG open the hood 8", and photograph directly from the center crease.
There is a tapered angle that fades away as you get further to the outside of the hood. We are making sure we have got it right.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

62 Max

Probably not much help.If you want it from another angle,let me know.

rickroadrunner

Thanks fellas, that helps. It seems there is a slight taper downwards until maybe 14" form the centre and then flatens out( hard to describe).