News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey Guy's, Can the Engine Builder's&Mechanic's help me out on 440 Build???

Started by 68 Bullitt Charger, January 12, 2012, 09:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 Bullitt Charger

I need help regarding my 440 build. I have a 70 440HP block, .30 over. I bought the 84cc Eddy Heads complete, I also bought the flat top 6pk forged Pistons. The cam is a Hyd Roller from comp:.541/.537, .230/.236@50, LS 110, In.Centerline 106 along w/ the correct lifters and Crane Gold R.Rockers 1.6. The Intake is RPM Perf dual plane, Proform Carb 850. I really want to know if I can buy the Scat Stroker Kit(crank,rods,pistons) to get the 505". Dont care about not using the 6pk Pistons however I would like to use the Cam/Lifters as they are not returnable and cost almost a grand together. I need some help.

I will be using a Dana, Posi unit. The Car will be a Hemi 4sp. I am wanting to get around 600hp, 600+ Torque. This car will be driven around town however I would like to take that 2 hour trip to track once and awhile.

What can I do with this combo w/ some adjustments to accomplish this mission in your opinion. :popcrn: Thank's for listening.
                                                               Joe
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

404NOTFOUND

My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

heyoldguy

Yeah, go ahead and get the stroker kit and use everything with it. Get a piston with about a 18cc dish so you can keep the compression around 10-10.5:1 and you'll be fine with that cam.

68 Bullitt Charger

Thanks Guys. I will be using 2" TTI Headers. What do you guys think the HP and Torque should be?
58 Ply Fury "Christine"

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

404NOTFOUND

My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

elacruze

That's not way too far off the setup I built;

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73529.75.html

My cam is .572" lift and 238* duration, so I think your cam should have very good manners in a 440, but I think it's too small for a 505" motor. You'll have too much pressure between 2000-3000 rpm, right where you drive it-I had to have my distributor recurved pretty aggressively to keep it from rattling. I have the 440 source 505 kit with dished pistons and Eddy Performer heads, too.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Cooter

Hey Joe, I'd check into seeing if I could sell that roller cam to a member here or see if I could get another roller with close to .600 or even .650 lift and somewhere round 240-250 @.050. This should put you in the neighborhood of 575 HP and possibly 600 Lb Ft. of torque with a 505 C.I.
You can still use your lifters.

I looked into the 1.7 Ratio Rockers and looks like it might throw off the valve contact pattern at the tip with that much rocker. B asically, To hit the power goal you and I talked about, you'll need to step up the cam a little more as the Eddy's seem to like that sweet spot around .600 lift.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

68 Bullitt Charger

Well guys I areciate all the inut as I been thinking the same regarding the Cam being a bit to small although my fault as I decided to go stroker, rather than 440+.30 over. The larger cubic inch will need more cam. If anyone wants a brand new Hyd Roller Com Cams and Hyd Lifters(specs above), let me know. I have $800. invested, still in Box wrapped in plastic, I will take $700. I bought this set up last week from Comp. Thanks guys, Joe
58 Ply Fury "Christine"