News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69' Charger Hood Lens Installation:

Started by Captain D, December 26, 2011, 03:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

Got some new turn signal lenses for the 69' Charger hood and I searched through a lot of various threads of actual pics, etc. but any tutorials on how best to install a set on the wiring out there? For instance, any recommendations on how best to run and place the wiring, where the terminal gets placed, etc. The body shop where mine is at is pretty good, but isn't familiar with mopar stuff as well, So, if its basic, that's cool, but seeing how they don't know mopar, anything specific that I could relay on them just in case they come across anything particular that you could suggest?

Thank you for your time,
Aaron   

Ghoste

The wiring runs through the hood reinforcment member on the drivers side IIRC.

elacruze

You'll have one clip on the intermediate harness, that goes on the driver's side. One lamp has a clip, that goes on the passenger's side. Thread them through the hood with a wire, or a string dropped through with a sinker tied to it.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Captain D

Thanx guys for the info. On the intermediate wire - one line is shorter than the other. I'm assuming that the shorter of the two goes on the driver side lens plug (which is slightly longer). But, in plugging in the terminal itself - what does that go into? I also have a new wiring harness for the headlights, does it adjoin with it or something else altogether?

Thanx again gents for any replies,
Aaron

gtx6970

resq302

There should be a gray T shaped connector near the bulk head connector which is where the black intermediate wire gets connected to.  If I remember correctly, there were 3 small black plastic wire retainers that went on the firewall side edge of the hood.  The longer wire goes to the pass side light and the shorter wire is for the driver side.  As others have said the wire gets run through the bracing channel that goes on an angle down towards the back of the hood.  If I remember right, I used a wire coat hanger that was straightened out and then attached a string to the end and then used the string to pull the wiring up.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto