News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

restore seat frames

Started by randy73, December 20, 2011, 10:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Well I forgot to restore the frames and now I am about to install the seats.    :brickwall:

So what is the best way to coat the springs, without taking the covers off again?

Do you think a body shop would media blast just the seat tracks?

jaak

I just sanded and cleaned my seat frame/springs, with sand paper and a wire brush, blew them off, wiped them down and painted them with a good spray bomb. They looked great.

Jason

Dino

Unless you are willing to take the covers off and start over, just redo what is visible and call it a day.  Clean, sand and paint the tracks and hinges and put your seats in the car.  The springs have been rusty for 40 years, they can take a few more.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

randy73

Thanks guys, I was not looking forward to taking the covers back off.

bill440rt

The only way to restore the springs at this point would be to remove the covers.

The front seat tracks will unbolt from the seat frame bottoms. You could clean those up & bolt them back on.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

randy73

Thanks Bill, that is what I am doing.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce