News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for something and need a suggestion

Started by Tilar, December 11, 2011, 08:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

I'm installing a snow plow on my Suburban and I'm also building a new center console for it. This is going to have all my plow controls, a 12 volt cooler, CB radio along with some other electrical components in it. All my wiring is coming in through a hole in the front.

I'd like to have something in the front for the wires to come through that doesnt look so bad. The hole in the front is 1-1/2 inches. My initial thought was something that might have a tibe that would actually go through the hole and then a flange on the outside to cover up where I cut the vinyl and foam.

Here is a pic to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I suspect that there is something already made that would work but I have no idea what to even search for.  :shruggy:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Tilar

Here is the rest of it incase anyone likes building this sort of thing. This is my first try at a console.
Dave  

bakerhillpins

Are you talking about just a few or several wires? Is this going to be permanent or seasonal like the plow?

Plumbing or electrical supply places will have lots of stuff that will do bulkhead types of stuff in plastic and then you could paint it and get a piece of pipe or hose to hold the wires.

If it was more permanent you could consider dropping the wires out the bottom and routing under the carpet?  :shruggy:

Hey, look at that 2000 posts. Yippe for me.  :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

kab69440

Depending on the size of your hole, I'd suggest using one of those plastic endplugs that come in black iron pipe. You can probably get one for free as they just get thrown away when you get ready to cut and thread the pipe.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Paul G

Maybe a plastic cup holder? If it fits through the hole you made the bottom of the cup holder can be trimmed off.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Tilar

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 11, 2011, 09:27:04 AM
Are you talking about just a few or several wires? Is this going to be permanent or seasonal like the plow?

There are 16 wires going through 3 different plastic flexible wire looms all through this 1.5" hole. The console will be permanent, the plow will come off during the summer.

Dave  

Paul G

If thats only a 1 1/2" hole go look through the bins at Ace hardware. They have all types of grommets and collars to choose from. Some times I am surprised at the stuff the Ace has.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

bakerhillpins

Did you get anywhere on this, maybe ended up using some of the suggestions?

If your weather is anything like ours you haven't used that plow yet.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.