News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what of 440source is good and bad ?

Started by Nacho-RT74, February 17, 2012, 08:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

I have known crankshafts are good stuff, and of course as has been discussed the aluminium water pump housing are bad.

what else of their products you'll advice with confidence? or would say NO ?

a friend of mine is interested on get from them some stuff.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chryco Psycho

the stroker kits are fine including windage trays , , I believe the balancers are ok as well , I have heard of problems with oil pans , the heads seem OK based on street use , they are not a max effort head like a Indy 440-1 .
I have not used much else from them so far

bobs66440

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 17, 2012, 12:13:07 PM
the stroker kits are fine including windage trays , , I believe the balancers are ok as well , I have heard of problems with oil pans , the heads seem OK based on street use , they are not a max effort head like a Indy 440-1 .
I have not used much else from them so far
I just got a new set of Stealth heads and they seem pretty good. I also have a rear main seal retainer that fits real nice.  :shruggy:

71bee

I have only heard that the Stealth heads could have issues. this is a good topic, as I was thinking about checking 440 Source out about some pistons & rods for my 452 project. anybody here using pistons/rods from 440 Source?

bill440rt

I only purchased some aluminum dress up items from them & a few other items. With all the bad I've read on these forums, I went with Eddy stuff instead.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Budnicks

I have used a bunch of the "platinum series" rods & pistons, forged stuff it's all 100% American made start to finish, they use ARP hardware also... Girdles are also very good... they sell a ton of 100% American made name brand stuff... I haven't purchased any of the products in a few years now,  I have used a bunch of the big block 3.75"-4.25" strokers kits, with great success... They do sell Comp Cams, Edelbrock, Mellings, Clevite, ARP & a bunch of other well known name brands... At very reasonable pricing & CNC machining/porting...  As well as some hand made in the U.S.A. in house hand fabricated aluminum accessories, timing covers, valve covers, oil pans, girdles, windage trays, valley pans, etc....  I must say though I now buy form Mancini Racing, Ray Barton, Summit Racing & Jegs mostly...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

71bee

Quote from: Budnicks on February 19, 2012, 04:35:45 PM
I have used a bunch of the "platinum series" rods & pistons, forged stuff it's all 100% American made start to finish, they use ARP hardware also... Girdles are also very good... they sell a ton of 100% American made name brand stuff... I haven't purchased any of the products in a few years now,  I have used a bunch of the big block 3.75"-4.25" strokers kits, with great success... They do sell Comp Cams, Edelbrock, Mellings, Clevite, ARP & a bunch of other well known name brands... At very reasonable pricing & CNC machining/porting...  As well as some hand made in the U.S.A. in house hand fabricated aluminum accessories, timing covers, valve covers, oil pans, girdles, windage trays, valley pans, etc....  I must say though I now buy form Mancini Racing, Ray Barton, Summit Racing & Jegs mostly...

Thanks for the info Budnicks! I am interested in their "Platinum series" pistons & rods. the prices seem very reasonable. looks like i'll talk to 'em down @ MATS this year....if they show. I already snagged a great set of Eddy heads that have been punched for my stroker. heard to many horror stories for far too long to trust the Stealth heads.

Now about that roller cam i'm lookin' for...

BLUE68RT4ME

Someone I worked closely with on rebuilding my motor had recommended not using their rocker arms as he felt the geometry was off.  The heads were not able to perform at the numbers they posted but they are still quite adequate for most peoples use.  The other was, as mentioned above, the waterpump housing.  All that said, I am not going to run them down as my motor is comprised of a majority of their parts.  My shop had little issues working with what I bought and my numbers came in right where I'd hoped.

No place can produce the best of everything but their specialties are stroke kits & I've never heard anyone disagree.  I also had good luck with getting them on the phone when I had questions.

That's my two cents.   :Twocents:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"