News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vin numbers and body stamped numbers on 69 road runner

Started by usdodge, November 25, 2011, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usdodge

Looking for info on body vin stampings as opposed to the dash an fender tags. I know there is a stamping othe radiator support, but does anyone know of other stamping locations? Your help is appreciated   thanks   usdodge

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

maxwellwedge

Yup on drivers side.....under the weatherstrip.

Also the first 2 characters will be reversed to what the VIN is. Example VIN is 9A123456  body stamps will be A9123456

vancamp

dash, fendertag, core support, trunk drip rail, engine, tranmission, build sheet

ACUDANUT

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 25, 2011, 05:18:30 PM

Also the first 2 characters will be reversed to what the VIN is. Example VIN is 9A123456  body stamps will be A9123456
Why is that I wonder.  :shruggy:

usdodge

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: usdodge on November 26, 2011, 05:54:28 AM
How else do you build a numbers correct car.

Are you looking to ADD #s, or document what's there?  :popcrn:

ACUDANUT

Are you kidding me ?   :brickwall:
I was questioning this: "the first 2 characters will be reversed to what the VIN is. Example VIN is 9A123456  body stamps will be A9123456 on the body"  :slap:

Of course I understand and support a correct title to a correct car.  :Twocents:

maxwellwedge

You build a time machine, go back to the sixties and buy a new car.

So unless yours still retains all of it's original body, engine and transmission etc. anything else is illegal.

ACUDANUT

Well, I know there are not alot of cars out there, that still have a numbers matching egine/Trans. Only one of my 6 Mopars do. :Twocents:

maxwellwedge

He was asking how to build a numbers matching car....If it ain't, you can't

maxwellwedge

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 25, 2011, 08:19:44 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 25, 2011, 05:18:30 PM

Why is that I wonder.  :shruggy:

Don't know. Maybe it was Fed mandated.....Plant, year, sequential number? I'll check what the other brands were doing.....

maxwellwedge

OK - Seems like Chevy numbers followed the same sequence....

"First a clarification of terms. What you'll find is generally the year/plant/sequence number portion of the VIN, referred to as 'partial' VIN, CON(cealed or confidential) VIN. You'll never see the series/model (e.g., 13637) portion of the VIN stamped. Sometimes, but not always, the Chevrolet division number ("1") will start the partial VIN."

usdodge

The purposeof checking the vin, is, while working on the car, the M.S.D module was covering half the fender tag. Was planning on relocating and when removed, reveiled a fender tag that didn't match the dash vin. I knew of the core support numbers, and they don't match anything either. The trunk numbers are ground down, but what I can see of them don't match any of the other three.   4 sets of numbers, all of which do not corrospond to any, to make a positive pair. This leads me to the conclusion, that the Vehicle had been wrecked at least once, if not twice. Thanks  usdodge

Alaskan_TA

Better have it checked out, there would be no reason to grind numbers down on a wrecked / repaired car.